[SOLVED] Monetization under review longer than usual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Just a bit of background:

I am with adsense and I started monetizing in December. When I decided to enable monetization across all my videos back in December, some of them were enabled straight away and the rest went "under review" for a few hours before being accepted. So the result was they were approved for monetization with 24 hours.

Since that date, all of my videos have been approved either straight away or within a couple of hours. The process has been very quick and painless.

However for my latest video (uploaded 24 hours ago), it is still in "under review". There is nothing different about the content. All the video and audio was created by myself, so totally original. No music. I have used 2 stock photographs within the video and of course given full credit as per those terms and conditions (like I have done in the past). In other words, the content is squeaky clean :) YT isn't asking me for any documentation btw, but it's just stuck in review.

I was simply wondering if anyone else has a similar situation with a video uploaded in the last 24 hours? I seem to remember talk about the monetization process changing early 2014, but maybe that was for networks and I misunderstood ?

I have no problem waiting but a lot of people seem to be saying that if it's in review for more than a few hours, it's stuck and no amount of waiting will change that (?!)

TIA

unknown_user7464664647

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It's because of Youtube's new policy which was fully implemented in January. They say it can take from a few hours to a few days to get approved, or there's a chance it doesn't get approved at all.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
It's because of Youtube's new policy which was fully implemented in January. They say it can take from a few hours to a few days to get approved, or there's a chance it doesn't get approved at all.

The YouTube affiliate review hasn't been implemented yet. It was supposed to be January but the system hasn't gone live and won't be for months.

Reactions: Daniel

unknown_user7464664647

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The YouTube affiliate review hasn't been implemented yet. It was supposed to be January but the system hasn't gone live and won't be for months.
Isn't the Youtube affiliate review for people under Networks that are considered affiliates only? Unless I read it wrong, OP isn't partnered with any network.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Isn't the Youtube affiliate review for people under Networks that are considered affiliates only? Unless I read it wrong, OP isn't partnered with any network.
Adsense Review has been in place for years. It stands to reason that it will be replaced by the same review affiliate channels are handled under because all of the requirements are the same. Nothing launched in January like it was originally supposed to.

unknown_user7464664647

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Adsense Review has been in place for years. It stands to reason that it will be replaced by the same review affiliate channels are handled under because all of the requirements are the same. Nothing launched in January like it was originally supposed to.
It's really weird that you say that, because I still see people complain about how their videos don't get instant monetization and can't find anything about it being pushed back. (Not doubting you, just saying I can't find anything about it)

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
It's really weird that you say that, because I still see people complain about how their videos don't get instant monetization and can't find anything about it being pushed back. (Not doubting you, just saying I can't find anything about it)
Partners still have instant monetization (I have 4 partnered channels, two of which are part of my sub-network). It's the unpartnered like Crown dealing with Adsense that have the current review, but this one has been in place for a long time.

unknown_user7464664647

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Partners still have instant monetization (I have 4 partnered channels, two of which are part of my sub-network). It's the unpartnered like Crown dealing with Adsense that have the current review, but this one has been in place for a long time.
So are you saying Networks still haven't separated channels into affiliates or managed? That's weird that people still complain about it then.

sickmind33

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I did a minecraft art tutorial video with zero audio and my own voice. Took a week for the review to finish

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I did a minecraft art tutorial video with zero audio and my own voice. Took a week for the review to finish
Thanks for answering :)

A few questions:

1)Are you with adsense?
2)Is that the standard time it takes for your vids or was that a one off?
3)Was this recent?

Status
Not open for further replies.