[SOLVED] ELGATO Game Capture HD Audio Out of Sync (Now Audacity out of Sync?)

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Has anyone else had the issue where the audio capture via the Elgato is out of sync? I can't seem to catch a break with these capture cards. The audio comes 1 second after an event occurs. I'm recording from a PS3 with a PX22 headset and I'm using Audacity in the background to record commentary. Bit rate is set at 10mbps. Anyone have any ideas before I go down the road of contacting their support?

More info: The file was on 24mins at 1.8gb and recorded in 59fps (59.94).

Do you still have alot of room on your hard drive, some times thats the problem because it doesn't write the files fast enough.
I use a elgato also.

Do you still have alot of room on your hard drive, some times thats the problem because it doesn't write the files fast enough.
I use a elgato also.
500+ GB free, it's writing to my WD 1tb Black. Elgato software is installed on my SSD though. It's weird. It was acting up, so I reset the PC and did a few tests, it worked fine, did around 10 tests too, using Shank and the PS menu. Then I start recording Batman and when I go to watch the gameplay footage, it's out of sync :/ Only thing I can think of that might be effecting it is Audacity which I use in the background to record seperate audio for commentary. EDIT: Also I've contacted their support in the mean time. Fingers crossed their support is better than Hauppauge and AVermedias, otherwise I've got a little $180 brick here. I could always resync the audio in Premiere, but I have no idea to what extent the audio is damaged. So I could resync 1 part and later it desyncs again anyways, which is common with these issues.[DOUBLEPOST=1382780771,1382710305][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, I fixed the audio issue by pausing the video while it records, support suggested it and it worked. Now my other problem is, Audacity.... The audio from that does not match the game even though I aligned it at the start with my audio test. I just say 1,2,3 when I change a menu item. That was synced up, but as it goes further the audio gets more and more out of sync. Does anyone have this problem?

Last edited:
one of the guys on our channel (Matt) uses an Elgato. It seems to get the job done pretty well. with the final sync issue, I almost feel that is software related, computer error, or possibly user error. I don't really see this as an elgato problem. Could be wrong though.

one of the guys on our channel (Matt) uses an Elgato. It seems to get the job done pretty well. with the final sync issue, I almost feel that is software related, computer error, or possibly user error. I don't really see this as an elgato problem. Could be wrong though.
Well I'm running an FX-8150 with 8GB of RAM and the CPU never goes above 25% during recording, during conversion it may hit 40%. But I've fixed the game audio problem by just pausing the feed. The "live" light turned off, not sure, I think it may have been trying to stream at the sametime and couldn't find anything to stream to maybe. Either way, I started Batman again and the audio seems fine, even in premiere the gameplay audio is in sync. It's just the commentary file is acting up now, it's not syncing but it is. I recorded via Audacity which barely even hurts the system resources while recording. What does he use to record commentary? Or does he just use the Elgato software? The Elgato software is a bit uhm... on and off for some people with different issues here and there. I wish they would add the ability to save the commentary file seperately.

He is using the software to my understanding. It works pretty well. He went out and bought a snowball mic.

He is using the software to my understanding. It works pretty well. He went out and bought a snowball mic.
Yeah, my problem is that I like the audio seperate as it's easier to edit stuff out without having to edit gameplay audio. I'm using the Yeti for my mic, but with my idiot folks and their loud terrorist accents, it still picks them up. Kind of funny, me and a friend playing GTA IV at 1 point and you can hear us go quiet because we can hear them yelling xD

when we record multiperson we use audacity. We sync the audio by first all starting the recording on a countdown. Then also counting down and shooting your weapon in game amd saying shoot on video to sync the audio with the video. it'***** or miss, and sometimes we have about 5 tries till we get the sync right.

when we record multiperson we use audacity. We sync the audio by first all starting the recording on a countdown. Then also counting down and shooting your weapon in game amd saying shoot on video to sync the audio with the video. it'***** or miss, and sometimes we have about 5 tries till we get the sync right.
When you say getting the sync right, you mean everyone synced up or that the audio files sometimes desync themselves? I think I MAY have synced mine up. For some odd reason the sync proccess I did doesn't work but I've got through about 8mins and now it's in sync but that's because I had to time my own reactions to an event in the game and sync it up like that >.> it's weird.

I have the same issue myself sometimes, just now I finished recording a session and the game audio was ahead, I managed to cut and aligned the audio to video but later on in the video there is still some audio/video out of sync.

I think it has to do with when you start the recording but Its really vague!!

Back