Software for recording whats happening on my screen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi,

does anyone know what software I need to record whats happening on my screen, including voice over.
I have seen people give tutorials or announce winners of competitions etc by recording themselves moving the mouse around etc.
Apologies but I have no idea what the actual name of this is, session recording maybe?

thanks

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
OBS, Shadowplay are the 2 go to's theres also Bandicam.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Good suggestions by @DigiBox.

I'd also add "Camtasia" (paid) and "CamStudio" (free) to the list. Although, most of these types of software can record audio, I would still recommend doing it in audacity (free software) for more control and then merging it with the video during the editing stage.

Reactions: DigiBox

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
To add onto @Crown from audio.

We use a program called 'Dxtory' which records both microphone & skype/discord independently this allows for more fluid editing especially when it's in multiple tracks, I recommend you experiment and find software that best suits your needs.

Reactions: Crown

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
OBS studio (make sure to get studio) is amazing and free! You can change both how your video records, or how you livestream!

You can change recording volume, or mic volume mid game, with the helpful sliders.

It’s a little difficult to set up but once it is, you have one of the best free recorders out there!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
thanks for all of your suggestions guys! most helpful. I will be sure to check out all of your suggestions!

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a couple, BUT my favorite is the one that comes with Corel Videostudio.
It works amazing and is basically free when you buy videostudio.