Societal Expectations

Wow! I was really moved by this episode! Let me tell you something..now this is coming from a 43 year old white guy from eastern Washington, Justin. I am lucky in a way to have the opportunity to get to know you through your great youtube videos. I wanted to tell you, I would be proud to sit next to you on the bus, would be honored to call you friend! I feel like in some sort of way that we are friends once agian, through your videos. I respect your articulation and find you to be an engaging and interesting person. Do we all have unrealistic expectations of the man or woman sitting next to us just based on what we look like? Or what we wear? Yep. Unfortunately, we do. As a white man, do people of other races assume I am thinking racist thoughts when I look at them? Sure..but I think you video is an EXCELLENT way of showing us that flaw in everyone's thinking! Kudos and wonderfully done! It made me want to yell at the screen "I like you for who you are Justin! I am a fan of who you are! You mean something to me!" I want to end this by saying, I am proud of you three and only hope I could be lucky enough to shake your hand one day!

I watched this but forgot to comment on it. Really good job, it really hit home for me. But, personally, I don't look at not fitting into sociesties standards as a bad thing. It's what makes you you. What makes you unique. Cherish it, and ignore the idiots.

Wow! I was really moved by this episode! Let me tell you something..now this is coming from a 43 year old white guy from eastern Washington, Justin. I am lucky in a way to have the opportunity to get to know you through your great youtube videos. I wanted to tell you, I would be proud to sit next to you on the bus, would be honored to call you friend! I feel like in some sort of way that we are friends once agian, through your videos. I respect your articulation and find you to be an engaging and interesting person. Do we all have unrealistic expectations of the man or woman sitting next to us just based on what we look like? Or what we wear? Yep. Unfortunately, we do. As a white man, do people of other races assume I am thinking racist thoughts when I look at them? Sure..but I think you video is an EXCELLENT way of showing us that flaw in everyone's thinking! Kudos and wonderfully done! It made me want to yell at the screen "I like you for who you are Justin! I am a fan of who you are! You mean something to me!" I want to end this by saying, I am proud of you three and only hope I could be lucky enough to shake your hand one day!
Thanks this means a lot i honestly do consider you a friend as well!I probably wouldn't be so involved in YouTube if weren't for your motivating comments! Hopefully we'll meet one day maybe at a YouTube convention lol![DOUBLEPOST=1379455876,1379455730][/DOUBLEPOST]
I watched this but forgot to comment on it. Really good job, it really hit home for me. But, personally, I don't look at not fitting into sociesties standards as a bad thing. It's what makes you you. What makes you unique. Cherish it, and ignore the idiots.
Yeah this video was just to show how it can feel to be under the pressure of society. Of course nowadays i couldn't care less about what society thinks. But everyone now and then i wonder what the world would be like if everyone was just accepted for who they were.

Back