Socialblade's Exaggeration

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I check Socialblade for one of my channels, I get this message:

"Is this your channel? Based on your current views, did you know you could be making around $125k per video?

If you continue to get 50k+ views per video & want help making this a reality, fill out the following and a member of the Social Blade / Semaphore Brand Intergration Team will get back to you soon!"

That channel averages over 2M views per a video, but I think their $125k per video from brand deals is a massive lie! Thoughts?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It’s probably just an advertisement to get you to join them, just ignore it.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I just checked out the website of Semaphore Brand Solutions, and they look like a fairly serious outfit. They've let themselves down badly though if they think that "Is this your channel? Based on your current views, did you know you could be making around $125k per video?" is in any way a professional approach. They are clearly over -promising and will inevitably under-deliver.

Having said that I'm pleased to see these sort of companies springing up. I believe there is a huge business opportunity in representing digital influencers and putting them in contact with sponsors. Over the next 5 - 10 years I hope to see this become a widely practiced form of advertising as businesses dedicate more of their marketing budget for influencer marketing.

Reactions: Andrewcu