Social tools and such

CWA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What tools do you guys use for both Youtube and your own website (if you have one)? Is TubeBuddy or VidIQ worth using? How about Wordpress plugins? Right now, I mostly manually post my content on WP, Insta, Youtube, FB and PInterest. Is there a way to post on all social media platforms at once?

Used to be much better and up to date with the latest and greatest WP plugins and such. Though, it's been a while since I've programmed. Just getting back into the game.. A bit rusty.. lol.

MrDooney

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
TubeBuddy I feel is worth using, VidIQ doesn't help much with SEO unless you buy the plan

Noah Richardson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I'm not sure about it's support with Wordpress, but Buffer (buffer (dot) com) allows posting to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pintrest. If you're willing to put in a bit of extra work, however, IFTTT (If This Then That) (ifttt (dot) com) allows you to build your own applets that will automatically post to different media sites, depending on what you post on other ones. You might be able to figure out a way to simultaneously post to all of them with one click.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Each social media platform is very different as to what works for tagging and social media. I continue to post manually to each one to take the most advantage of hashtags and tagging. For instance, if posting to all your accounts at once, then everything needs to be limited to 140 characters because that's what Twitter is limited to, so your Facebook and Instagram post will suffer, SEO-wise. If you ignore the twitter limit and post anything larger than 140 characters, then your twitter post is truncated in the middle of a word and it suffers SEO-wise.

I think each social media outlet has its own unique benefits that warrant separate posts for each. Separate, but slightly different posts across social media also stops those subscribers that are connected to you on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to engage with you without burning out from seeing the exact same post 5 times on different platforms.

Last edited:

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Bought TubeBuddy couple of months ago and I'm never going back. Once you know how to use it it's gold.