Social networks?

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
This is a lazy question of me to ask it really is. But I haven't been promoting on facebook or twitter or myspace or any of those places, I don't even think I have a twitter account, and I don't even know how you promote on facebook or twitter. I mean, sure I could just post my video up, but is there a way to make it like stay up on my channel or something? Cause I NEVER got listens in the past when I'd post music on FB. I may have only been doing the video thing for a while, but I posted music to FB for years, very few listeners... So could someone just give me a good gameplan for how to social network promote and what sites I should do it on and how I should do it?

Code said he spends an hour and a half doing it, what the heck is he doing for an hour and a half?

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Facebook is alright. If someone likes you its like some one subscribing to your YouTube channel. Twitter I just signed up myself. Never used it before. The good thing about Facebook is that everyone has it. Not everyone is signed up with a YouTube account so not everyone possible can subscribe to you. With Facebook you can post new videos and its like your subscribers getting the video on their YouTube homepage only on a homepage that a casual user goes on way more often. Do you ever hear anyone say I gotta check my YouTube page? Not as much as you hear people saying I gotta check my Facebook page. See what I'm saying? As for the hour and a half set up...it only took me like 20 mins. It is kinda confusing when your trying to start a new Facebook page for your YouTube channel.

Reactions: Michael

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
Facebook is alright. If someone likes you its like some one subscribing to your YouTube channel. Twitter I just signed up myself. Never used it before. The good thing about Facebook is that everyone has it. Not everyone is signed up with a YouTube account so not everyone possible can subscribe to you. With Facebook you can post new videos and its like your subscribers getting the video on their YouTube homepage only on a homepage that a casual user goes on way more often. Do you ever hear anyone say I gotta check my YouTube page? Not as much as you hear people saying I gotta check my Facebook page. See what I'm saying? As for the hour and a half set up...it only took me like 20 mins. It is kinda confusing when your trying to start a new Facebook page for your YouTube channel.
So you DO just toss your video in the portal? You don't like I dunno, embed it on your channel or something?

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
What i do 1,5 hours?

Post my video on a wall of around 50 friends.
Put my video on FB pages.around 10 pages
Put my video as a comment on famous people fan pages.
Then I go to Youtube.
And start sending messages to 180 contacts.
Than i create a video response to another famous video(that is somehow related to mine).
Then i go to Letsbeef(rap site) and promote it there.
Then i go to forums.Promote my video on around 5-10 forums.

Thats it.

Takes 1,5 hours. :)

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
What i do 1,5 hours?

Post my video on a wall of around 50 friends.
Put my video on FB pages.around 10 pages
Put my video as a comment on famous people fan pages.
Then I go to Youtube.
And start sending messages to 180 contacts.
Than i create a video response to another famous video(that is somehow related to mine).
Then i go to Letsbeef(rap site) and promote it there.
Then i go to forums.Promote my video on around 5-10 forums.

Thats it.

Takes 1,5 hours. :)
You are a BEAST!!! My God!! I wonder if my channel would be doing better if I did all that... here's my one issue. I have like 300 friends on FB, I know like 20 of them lol. I mean, we friended for some reason, but that doesn't change the fact that my FB wall is littered with posts from people I have no idea who they are. Should I post it on their wall too? Is it cool cause we're "FB friends"? Or is that janky.... And then you don't think people mind you sending it to your contacts on youtube? Most of mine just randomly added me and I have never spoken with them... Is this all still kosher to do?? Man... I wish I'd been active on FB lately. I'm gonna look weird having been gone forever then posting this video over and over... ohhhhh me be conflicted....

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
If you have friends.Use them.
If you have contacts use them.

Without friends or comtacts you wont be able to promote yourself.

Its ok to post on somebodys wall even if you dont know them.Cuz in anyway they will check your video.And if they like it then its an excuse to be "friends" :)

Contacts are very important.I wont explain why.Just trust me.

:)

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So you DO just toss your video in the portal? You don't like I dunno, embed it on your channel or something?
You just post the url in a message and it will do the rest for you automatically. All your fans would have to do is hit play.

Reactions: Symph

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
A secret for marketing on twitter is to go to search.twitter.com and find people talking about the type of music you'll be making a follow them. And what do you mean make the video stay up on your channel?

Vevcom

Reaction score
A secret for marketing on twitter is to go to search.twitter.com and find people talking about the type of music you'll be making a follow them. And what do you mean make the video stay up on your channel?
Great tip! never thought about that ++

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I've been noticing that I miss alot of my alerts. I don't know if I'm actually not getting them, or if I just don't see them but sorry, there are alot of people who've responded to me I have been ignoring on accident because of it. What I mean by it "staying up there" is I know how to post it on my wall, and then it just drifts down as more stuff gets posted on my wall, but is there a way to permanently embed it on my wall so that the video doesn't go down in the feed? It just hangs there forever?

Reactions: itsameray