Social Media - Do you post same update throughout all?

Lin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For people who have Facebook/Twitter or other social media accounts, do you post the same update on all of them?

I think there is software to update them simultaneously, but is it necessary to post update on all of them? In addition, if someone is following you on all the social media, won't them just get same message over and over again? What are your thoughts?

Tonio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
For people who have Facebook/Twitter or other social media accounts, do you post the same update on all of them?

I think there is software to update them simultaneously, but is it necessary to post update on all of them? In addition, if someone is following you on all the social media, won't them just get same message over and over again? What are your thoughts?
I would say keep your pic and like descriptions the same across your social media accounts so like people won't be confused. I'm sure there is software to update them automatically and that's just my personal opinion i had to share:)

fleminsh

News Wizard
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter

I don't get much return on tweets I think. Either way I still to twitter blasts once to twice a day. You can get away with more on twitter because the feed updates so fast. I don't recommend posting exactly the same thing, but you can post something similar.

Swap the word share with RT. stuff like that. There is also so much more marketing you can do with FB. Used to have to do that for my job and I feel like I could write an encyclopedia about FB marketing.

Reactions: Tonio

B4Astudios

Queen Aiko Miyoko's Pet
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru, Designer, Animator
well most social media networks link up to each other, so when u post something on one of them, depending on ur settings, it will filter through all ur social networks automatically without additional software.

PeterCoffin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yes, I post the same thing to all my status update oriented networks. Tumblr I treat like what it is: a blog.

count_teribil

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah, for videos, whenever I upload one and put is as Public it automatically posts it on twitter and from thre, on facebook. Most updates I just do on twitter and it updates my fb page, though nothing else.

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
up to you it's always good to keep it the same as some people hate twitter and others hate facebook! why make your fans feel like there being treated differently haha

Reactions: count_teribil

Charlie Jacoby

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Does anyone post their preview images on Imgur or any of the picture/meme sharing sites?

Reaction score
Personally, I find that each social media platform needs a slightly different message - Twitter, for example, doesn't show a video thumbnail until the card is expanded.