Social Blade Projections

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
how does social blade come up with its suggestions and how accurate are they? I’m currently at 10 subs and it has me projected at reaching 10 subs on July 22 even though I already have that lol. It also says I’ll reach 100 by the end of the year and even though that sounds like a long way away it isn’t too bad in my opinion.
How does social blade come up with the projections? What can I do to “change” them? How does it know what I’m on track to do? Is there a way to skew these results?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You should take the projections with a huge grain of salt, as they can´t possible know how fast you can grow your channel! I think they are just making this up.
Continue making content and see for yourself how fast you can grow!

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
how does social blade come up with its suggestions and how accurate are they? I’m currently at 10 subs and it has me projected at reaching 10 subs on July 22 even though I already have that lol. It also says I’ll reach 100 by the end of the year and even though that sounds like a long way away it isn’t too bad in my opinion.
How does social blade come up with the projections? What can I do to “change” them? How does it know what I’m on track to do? Is there a way to skew these results?
Calculating trends is very easy. If you have a whole month of history, you can get the average per day and multiply it for the next 30 days and get the results for the end of the month. As you can see Socialblade has average per day, so they just project using that number. Of course this is just mathematics and it's not related to your channel real performance or the real world at all. For example if you create a hot video in a viral topic you can grow overnight and there is no way Socialblade or anyone could have predicted this. Or if you create extremely bad video, you can lose subscribers and Socialblade won't know this as well. Or even if you don't upload some of your videos can get suggested in popular videos and you grow instantly, Socialblade will adjust to this only few days later.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Majority of what I’ve heard on social blade has been negative. From what I’ve seen, the way to see “change” is to have different numbers. If one day I had no views, I’d get much different social blade stats than I would if I checked it after a day with a bunch of views. I wouldn’t take it too seriously to be honest.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Social Blade uses a linear projection which in my opinion is one of the worst ways to project, specially on YouTube since growth is exponential. If you have a video that gets viral, it will project you will win thousands of subscribers in a couple of days.

In your case 100 by the end of the year is not a good estimation if you upload daily, you should get 100 in 1 or 2 months. It's impossible to change their projections. My suggestion will be.. DONT take SocialBlade seriously, just watch it every now and then when your channel is having constant growth

ParaGirlHauntedDiary

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
better late than ever lol,, no but if you upload regularly you should get 1K at the end of the year... Good Luck with your channel!
Thank you! I upload once a week due to the nature of my channel but for some reason I am not gaining momentum even though I followed all the guidelines with tagging, description, thumbnail etc