Social Blade Consulting

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anyone tried this? It's $200 for an hour session.. I really want to grow our channel and wondered how much this helped..

Thanks

Mommy B

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would assume they come up with the same stuff you see Tim Schmoyer, Deryl Eves and all the other "guru's" keep telling you. Focus on your playlist, use better descriptions, make better thumbnails, use better tags, spend more time on social media, make longer videos, put a time in your banner when you post videos, make more videos, make a better upload schedule, etc etc. I would also wonder how much they know about the kids niche, it's very different from gamers, beauty, vloggers, DIY, etc.
I might be too negative about it, but I doubt they will ad much value. The only benefit I see is that someone might be very honest about what they think of your channel, someone more closer to you might never tell you and cause a change in you somehow.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would assume they come up with the same stuff you see Tim Schmoyer, Deryl Eves and all the other "guru's" keep telling you. Focus on your playlist, use better descriptions, make better thumbnails, use better tags, spend more time on social media, make longer videos, put a time in your banner when you post videos, make more videos, make a better upload schedule, etc etc. I would also wonder how much they know about the kids niche, it's very different from gamers, beauty, vloggers, DIY, etc.
I might be too negative about it, but I doubt they will ad much value. The only benefit I see is that someone might be very honest about what they think of your channel, someone more closer to you might never tell you and cause a change in you somehow.
Yep, you're probably right.. was just hoping for some magical secrets haha.. Yea, I agree. A kids niche is so different, even videos from Tim & Derral are hard to follow sometimes..

Cooliits HR

Reaction score
Yep, you're probably right.. was just hoping for some magical secrets haha.. Yea, I agree. A kids niche is so different, even videos from Tim & Derral are hard to follow sometimes..
I bought Tim's 30 Days to a better youtube channel. Read it like 3-5x already. I found out that what's in the ebook is the same as what he's been talking about in his channel. I was hoping for a magic secret on that ebook too given he was Youtube certified for audience growth. There are good points in there. But @KidsCorner has covered almost all the topics that we're discussed in that ebook on the post above. I almost sign up for a consultation myself but I changed my mind. I've learned more in this forum than anywhere else.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I bought Tim's 30 Days to a better youtube channel. Read it like 3-5x already. I found out that what's in the ebook is the same as what he's been talking about in his channel. I was hoping for a magic secret on that ebook too given he was Youtube certified for audience growth. There are good points in there. But @KidsCorner has covered almost all the topics that we're discussed in that ebook on the post above. I almost sign up for a consultation myself but I changed my mind. I've learned more in this forum than anywhere else.
Thank you so much! Yea, Everything I have read or seen from Tim is great, but its the same from everything else I have read or seen. I have had so much hellp on here from several people. Each with their own success tips and tricks. We are just trying every thing we can! :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Definitely save your money. SocialBlade is great for their stats on competitors but they're not experts on growing channels. Ask them for a list of channels that they have grown using their methods (outside of the Socialblade channel and any other "How to grow your channel" channels that they might have.)

If someone really did have "secret knowledge" on how to get a channel to really blow up in your niche, do you think they'd sell that knowledge to others and create competition for themselves? If I were them, I'd be spending my time making videos for myself.

So essentially, they are just churning out the same old advice and probably tailoring it to your channel and presenting it in a nice pdf report or something. But I bet when you analyse it and remove the fluff, there'd be nothing in there that you don't know already.

As for the algorithm, my theory is that even Google employees don't even know the whole algorithm. Individual programmers probably know a tiny part of it, but I bet there are only 1 or 2 key people at Google who know the whole thing. Anyone else claiming to know it is lying. All we can do is speculate and make estimated guesses based on data from our own channels and niches. In other words, outside of Google management, the people who know the algorithm the best are the big channels who have a large amount of detailed data from their analytics. Most of these "gurus" discussing the algorithm are just regurgitating what other "gurus" have said about it.

And anyway, even if someone did know exactly how the algorithm works & told you - So what ? You still have to be able to apply that knowledege and come up with a plan of action. The bottom line of any plan of action will always be making good content in a popular niche to a regular schedule, with good thumbnails and good SEO. Do you really want to pay a stranger $200 to tell you that ? :)

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is one secret though, one of the other kids/vlog channels mentioned it last year. It has a very technical name to do with a brain region. It actually works, because you're activating the viewer's emotional centres. If you employ that technique, you'll get an emotional reaction that will compel them to watch more. I would even argue that the top kids channels use it very effectively (RTR/TF), as they create a strong emotional connection between the child actors and their friends and viewers on the other aside of the screen. TF elicits such strong emotions (positive or negative depending on your take) that you just have to watch more. And RTR of course creates a strong emotional "friends" bond with the kids that they watch non-stop.

Wrt the original qn, as others said, I highly doubt you'll learn anything from them you don't know already from here. Take that $200 and put it into the latest Cars3 gear and do some cool videos with them!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is one secret though, one of the other kids/vlog channels mentioned it last year. It has a very technical name to do with a brain region. It actually works, because you're activating the viewer's emotional centres. If you employ that technique, you'll get an emotional reaction that will compel them to watch more. I would even argue that the top kids channels use it very effectively (RTR/TF), as they create a strong emotional connection between the child actors and their friends and viewers on the other aside of the screen. TF elicits such strong emotions (positive or negative depending on your take) that you just have to watch more. And RTR of course creates a strong emotional "friends" bond with the kids that they watch non-stop.

Wrt the original qn, as others said, I highly doubt you'll learn anything from them you don't know already from here. Take that $200 and put it into the latest Cars3 gear and do some cool videos with them!
Yes! I have heard that's why RTR does so well, that they connect with the audience, Ryan is sooo likeable.. but trying to recreate that/do the same is still hard when your a small channel..

Haha Cars 3 is all over youtube, we wouldn't even rank at the bottom haha.. but I agree.. I would rather put that money into ads or toys.props :)[DOUBLEPOST=1495889589,1495889557][/DOUBLEPOST]
Definitely save your money. SocialBlade is great for their stats on competitors but they're not experts on growing channels. Ask them for a list of channels that they have grown using their methods (outside of the Socialblade channel and any other "How to grow your channel" channels that they might have.)

If someone really did have "secret knowledge" on how to get a channel to really blow up in your niche, do you think they'd sell that knowledge to others and create competition for themselves? If I were them, I'd be spending my time making videos for myself.

So essentially, they are just churning out the same old advice and probably tailoring it to your channel and presenting it in a nice pdf report or something. But I bet when you analyse it and remove the fluff, there'd be nothing in there that you don't know already.

As for the algorithm, my theory is that even Google employees don't even know the whole algorithm. Individual programmers probably know a tiny part of it, but I bet there are only 1 or 2 key people at Google who know the whole thing. Anyone else claiming to know it is lying. All we can do is speculate and make estimated guesses based on data from our own channels and niches. In other words, outside of Google management, the people who know the algorithm the best are the big channels who have a large amount of detailed data from their analytics. Most of these "gurus" discussing the algorithm are just regurgitating what other "gurus" have said about it.

And anyway, even if someone did know exactly how the algorithm works & told you - So what ? You still have to be able to apply that knowledege and come up with a plan of action. The bottom line of any plan of action will always be making good content in a popular niche to a regular schedule, with good thumbnails and good SEO. Do you really want to pay a stranger $200 to tell you that ? :)
Haha So true, very good points here.