• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Soared over 10,000 lifetime views this past weekend

pcgamergirl

Coffee Fiend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am in month two of posting and have just catapulted over 10,000 lifetime views. WOOT. I won't lie, the last 3,000 or so of those are thanks to Steam dropping a game from its library, and the interest in said game suddenly sky-rocketing. I gained 3,000 views just in this last weekend due to the videos I already had posted of it (I also capitalized a tiny bit, by posting a fourth video of the game, just for funsies - which also hit 1,000 views in a day).

Here's a comparison of July to June. I began posting videos one week before the beginning of June, and my July stats are still missing a couple of days, as per YouTube's analytics lag.

June (30 days of data):
Watch Time: 17,491
Views: 3,413
Avg View Duration: 5:07
Subscribers: 54
Estimated Revenue: $0.46
LIFETIME VIEWS: 5,243

July (29 days of data):
Watch Time: 33,868 (+16,377)
Views: 8,482 (+5,069)
Avg View Duration: 3:59
Subscribers: 77 (+23)
Estimated Revenue: $0.94 (+$0.48)
LIFETIME VIEWS: 12,810 (+7,567)

All really very encouraging, I am super stoked and really loving my channel and the outlet it provides me.
For the sake of disclosure, my channel is Gaming based, I began posting on May 21, 2017, and as of the last month, I have posted one video a day, seven days a week, at the same time every day (5PM EST). I also use VidIQ (Boost) which I absolutely love. I spend at least an hour a day promoting my videos/channel, network throughout the day as much as I can (Twitter, comments on other videos, forum and Facebook group participation, etc), and generally just do what I can to produce quality content and networking connections while maintaining my full time day job.

The one thing I will say, and will just need to keep working on, is my audience retention fluctuates wildly, and has tended to stay low throughout the two months I've been posting. I'm hoping that with some adjustments (shorter videos, not submitting to StumbleUpon or trying to drive totally uninterested traffic, etc), will help change that a bit.

Looking forward to the month ahead!

Last edited:

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

Lasersgo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Congratulations! Super inspiring to see someone start to take off in a short amount of time!!!

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You killed it with subscribers now it is more than 200! :) Congratulations, keep it up. It is good when you have the wind in the back especially when you are starting. I think audience retention fluctuates because of these promotions you are making on different platforms. Some of the viewers they will just click but not watch, to some, it will be interesting so they will watch, etc. But it is good that you are growing at a rapid pace.

pcgamergirl

Coffee Fiend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks guys!!! I'm really looking forward to what the next month will bring. Now, if only I could shake off this damn summer cold!

KudoJin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Nice job! I'm jealous...... jk

but seriously, congratulations. xD