So You Want To Reddit? | A Comprehensive Guide

KeniisuYT

YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

"I don't know who you are, but I know what you want. If you are looking for a comprehensive guide, I can tell you I don't have all the tips. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very short, but somewhat successful career. Skills that make me a helpful guy for people like you. If you let me teach you now, that'll be the end of it. I will not teach you anything wrong, I will not screw you over. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will watch you."

Hi I'm Keniisu and this is my guide to promoting yourself and making a name for yourself on a little place on the internet known as Reddit. Now Reddit isn't always the best thing, hell, maybe it isn't like 99.99% of the time, but from my own and many others experience it's a Goldmine for finding people who will similar interests, like your content and perhaps even click that Subscribe button. Without Reddit, I wouldn't have nearly any fans at all because it helped promote my channel on /r/civ which boosted my views up to 300+ in the first 3 days. Now in this guide I will teach you how to Reddit efficiently and not be a spambot with your content. Let's delve into this YTTalkers!

The Rules are the Reddit for those too lazy to read. (I know you're pain sister/brother!)
  • DO contribute to the Subreddit that you are posting in as nobody likes the Shameless, Non-Contributing Self-Promoter. By contribute I mean, don't only post comments make threads on things other than your videos in order to not be THAT guy.
  • DO be kind and polite. Nobody likes a jerk. If somebody is being rude to you or opposes your opinion politely tell them off and be respectful of them. It helps your image and if they retaliate further, it also hurts the haters.
  • DON'T Spam every single Subreddit ever! Don't post your Subreddit to /r/videos, then /r/youtube then /r/randomsubreddit. Nobody appreciates that. It's bad and makes you look bad. You never wanna harm your image, but this is a dang fine way to do so.
  • DON'T break the specific Subreddit rules. Every subreddit has it's own qualities, values and rules. Read them! Some don't like promotion every day or even just once a month, but don't disobey that just because you wanna grow. Be respectful mates.
Now when your posting on Reddit, you can either do Option A or Option B. Option A, is just posting a link to your content without any comments. Option B, is when you post a link with context and a comment saying "Blah, Blah. This video is blah, blah."

Normally Option B is better, but I personally do Option A for convenience.
Now that you know how to post, what will you name your post. You're probably thinking you'll make some click-bait title like "THERE IS SEVEN MILLION WAYS TO DRINK SODA | GONE WRONG". No. That's wrong. Please stop.

What you should turn this click-bait title into is this '"Did you know there's Seven Million Ways to Drink Soda?" or something like that. What this does is make the reader question what the ways are and what they could learn about that. This increases engagement and clicks which is good.

Now, since this guide seems pretty comprehensive for starts (It was rated "10/10" by IGN, Gamestop, and that one Bootleg Store Clerk")
I'm going to stop here. Have any suggestions or questions, ask'em!

BYE!

Reactions: Anxxy

Neimers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
VERY good guide!! I'm super scared of Reddit cause of the fury that they inherently possess, but this is making me want to find a way to interact with them! Everyone I know uses Reddit and I'm like the only one who doesn't so thank you for this :)

Reactions: KeniisuYT

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Reviewer
This seems like really good advice. I've always wanted to try Reddit as a method of exposure, but it seems like the kind of place that would attract more hate and negativity than engaged "fans".

NothingToDoCrew

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This seems like really good advice. I've always wanted to try Reddit as a method of exposure, but it seems like the kind of place that would attract more hate and negativity than engaged "fans".
Reddit is full of hate, but that's why people go there. People hop on a good thread, make a nasty (but usually funny) comment and then people give them upvotes and they relish in their dirty reddit gold...
However, i found that the hate usually stops there. Once they come to youtube to watch your videos, if they do have something bad to say they usually come back to reddit to post it (so they can get their gold).Both of my videos that made it to the frontpage of reddit had a ton of hate, but if you look at those videos on my youtube channel all you see is a lot of views.
One warning, don't start any fights/wars with any of the bad comments on reddit or the cult will come to your channel.

Reactions: WeegieMovies

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I will say that unless your video is really bad or you don't step out of line,they just watch your video and move on. Don't know about sub gains though. I guess you get a few

LionWaffles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have stopped putting my videos on Reddit. Mini-mods shooing me out of the SR and their like "oh ur videos crap" and they give no constructive feedback... good ol' reddit I guess.
--
I'm gonna post ONE more video to Reddit now.. I'll tell you how it goes.
--

TheAwkwardFamily

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I try and post my videos to suitable reddit sub forums but it's hard because they still might not like youtube links even if its not in their rules

Brewin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been trying to get a handle on reddit, good guide I think it will help me in the long run!

Unstaqble

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've always been curious of Reddit, but I've never really tried it. I'll try it now, and I'll see how it goes. Although I hear a lot of things related to Reddit about hate, I'll take the risk. :p
Wish me luck xD

SethSpeight

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for the tips! I had completely been overlooking Reddit as a place to network.