So you want to get your noticed and rich ? take a look here

G

glitboy

yep! now youtube's alot more competitive :D
No, he just reached his peak. It happens with most big Youtubers, they get really big, then people stop caring. It happened to Fred, iJustine, and Failblog to name a few.

Youtube may be more competitive now, but that’s only because more and more people are using the site, so there’s more money to be made.

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
No, he just reached his peak. It happens with most big Youtubers, they get really big, then most people stop caring. It happened to Fred, iJustine, and Failblog to name a few.

Youtube may be more competitive now, but that’s only because more and more people are using the site, so there’s more money to be made.
yep and the amount of viral video's being reposted is getting crazy!

PowerfulRedHat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This is pretty true, and unfortunately not a lot of people realize this. All this 'sub4sub' stuff going on, begging people for views... That's not what youtube is for, and it's certainly not what I go to that website looking for! I search for quality content related to my interests, and actively seek out new content that I feel is worth subscribing to. The people who make money are the people putting out great content, not the people who spend more time spamming than video-producing. :p

Tyggs

The Boy Who Was Named After An Animal
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
Great thread. Thanks so much for this, mate.
I've been YouTubing for a month now and with seventy subscribers and 2300 views, this is the thread I needed.

Thanks again!

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Great thread. Thanks so much for this, mate.
I've been YouTubing for a month now and with seventy subscribers and 2300 views, this is the thread I needed.

Thanks again!
Keep up the greatwork and more and more people wil find you.
This is pretty true, and unfortunately not a lot of people realize this. All this 'sub4sub' stuff going on, begging people for views... That's not what youtube is for, and it's certainly not what I go to that website looking for! I search for quality content related to my interests, and actively seek out new content that I feel is worth subscribing to. The people who make money are the people putting out great content, not the people who spend more time spamming than video-producing. :p
Yea the spam is getting crazy people just want money now that everyone can be a partner

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for taking the time to share this information with everyone. :)

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice post! Create good content and do the work!

All this "please sub to me" doesn't help if nobody wants to watch your videos.

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's always interesting to me when one persons vision is declared what YouTube is for, no disrespect but I think YouTube is for whatever the reason the person creating or using YouTube wishes it to be.

I think sub4sub is not a smart play, to me it's a waste of time and doesn't get people really viewing who enjoying their work. I bet people who do it find out quickly how useless it is. However, the very nature of having a YouTube channel leans naturally to people to ask other people to watch what they create. How else would others know that they are there?

However, they way on ask makes all the difference. If people have a link in your sig you are asking people to check out your video. People are just being subtle about it. Is that begging?

There are tons of people on YouTube making great money who I think their content is awful. However, I understand that just because I think something is crap doesn't mean it's crap to someone else.

Some folks around here are crushing it and barely get viewed and that doesn't mean their stuff suck. It might mean, again, no one knows about them yet. But I guess they are supposed to chill in a corner and wait for someone to accidentally find their channel and then take off. Good luck with that one. That happen to some people, a very few some people, but it doesn't happen to most talented people. :)

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's always interesting to me when one persons vision is declared what YouTube is for, no disrespect but I think YouTube is for whatever the reason the person creating or using YouTube wishes it to be.

I think sub4sub is not a smart play, to me it's a waste of time and doesn't get people really viewing who enjoying their work. I bet people who do it find out quickly how useless it is. However, the very nature of having a YouTube channel leans naturally to people to ask other people to watch what they create. How else would others know that they are there?

However, they way on ask makes all the difference. If people have a link in your sig you are asking people to check out your video. People are just being subtle about it. Is that begging?

There are tons of people on YouTube making great money who I think their content is awful. However, I understand that just because I think something is crap doesn't mean it's crap to someone else.

Some folks around here are crushing it and barely get viewed and that doesn't mean their stuff suck. It might mean, again, no one knows about them yet. But I guess they are supposed to chill in a corner and wait for someone to accidentally find their channel and then take off. Good luck with that one. That happen to some people, a very few some people, but it doesn't happen to most talented people. :)
Great opinion. I like everything all around. Some people come to laugh, some come to learn to cook, some come to watch tutorials and well yea lots

PowerfulRedHat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician

I agree! I definitely take back the way I implied There was only one way to use youtube. It would be far more accurate to say that I'm personally upset at the amount of people who take begging to extremes. I think you might agree there's a difference between self promotion and begging, and between having a link in your signature, and spamming.

It's always good to be reminded not to state my opinions as absolutes, I certainly can't back such statements up with anything more than personal opinion. Thanks. :)