So You Want To Get Big? Stand Out! (My Thoughts/Opinion)

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
Hi there, so this is going to be sort of a ramble thing. Anyway, I want to talk about standing out from the crowd. It is essential to gaining your audience. Everything I say is from my point of view as a viewer, just my opinion!

A lot of people are aiming to stand out and be original, and there are a good few who claim they already do. This is just from my point of view, as an audience member of videos, but most of the time I don't exactly see something different. I do see a lot of channels that really stand out though, but what I mean by this is that people do the same sort of videos/ideas as alot of people. Take someones intro/outro phrase, most of us have one. SO MUCH of the time I come on and hear *'hey what's up guys' and 'subscribe, thanks for watching'. Since this is being said so much, to me the whole 'thanks' thing isn't really feeling like a meaningful thanks.

*I'm not saying there's anything wrong with saying this, it just get's a little boring and repetitive from channel to channel. This is just for me anyway.

Take Vsauce for instance, they took the whole 'thanks for watching' and sort of made it their own by saying 'and as always, thanks for watching'. Nobody really says this and it makes me think they genuinely thank you along with standing out from being like everyone else.

This is just something I want to say about gamers too. So we know gamers are all over youtube aiming to share their content. Now, I am no intro expert/designer but for me the intros I see on gaming channels tend to be commonly technological, hence it's gaming so it's games.(not saying ALL of them are) This is out of my experiences with seeing gaming channels this is mostly the type of intro I will see and so I get the same sort of feel towards each of these channels with similar intros consisting of epic music|tech|action. So perhaps an intro that had natural things in it but with hints of things that indicate gaming, that may be different and stand out considering a lot have man made sort of things. For me this would bring more attention, may be a different effect on you though.

To sum it up I would like to say that if you want to stand out, in my opinion I'd say do something out of the ordinary that nobody with channels with the same genre has done. It makes you out there a bit more.

Anyway thanks for reading, please give me your thoughts :)

Reactions: Th3StuffShow

UnitedF1HD

i <3 YTTalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Great advice, its like at a job interview aswell, if u dont stand out then they may aswell hire who ever is first ;) ....Matt

MegaBoringGuy

Biggest Painted On Muscles You've Ever Seen, Baby
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This could just be summed up with "Be unique" instead of being a cookie cutter like a Two-DiePie or Shane Dawson's twin or whatever. I tried to copy a lot of people and failed, it makes you look stupid when you copy.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Little Dude, awesome advice. I wish I had started at your age. You'll go places if you keep going on the road you're on.

Reactions: Brodie

SlayZombi

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Good advice!