So, You want to be partnered

John The Dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It seems that the most common post in this forum is something like this. “Help me get subs so I can get partnered”
Most of the time the video content is not ready for partnership. I.E. the videos aren’t capturing your viewers interest and attention.
The first thing you need to do is look at your target audience. What is their age and interests? Look at other people’s videos, study them, are there a lot of people making videos in the same genre. It’s no good making videos if millions of other people are making the same videos.
If you are making short films then don’t think you can do it all yourself. Get a small group of friends to work with you. Then you can throw ideas about and work together in the production. Watch the good films and TV programs. Watch how they are put together. Think to yourself “why did the director chose that shot, camera angle, lighting and story line”. Then put what you have learnt into your film making. Keep making films and you will soon realise that you’re getting better and better. Soon you’ll look back at your older films and think “Did I really make that rubbish”.
Don’t think that just because you upload videos on YT then you’ll have a rollercoaster ride to partnership and stardom. Very few people do that. The films and TV programs you see are made by people who have been film making for years.
Don’t be put off by low viewer ratings and no comments, instead look at the video you have made and think on how you can improve on your next one.
At the end of the day if you are on YT just to make money then you’re missed the whole point of YouTube, film making and TV production. All the professionals do it because they love it. They live, sleep, eat and breath film making. Even if they weren’t being paid they would still be making films and TV programs.
So enjoy yourself. Make films, vlogs, music, gaming videos. Enjoy the production process and you will get better and better as you learn more about production

Sorry this post is a bit long but I really hope it inspires you take you film making to the next step
JTD

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Excellent post John, I think good things come to those who wait and do their best without becoming impatient or desperate. I dont think you have breathe video making as many consider it a side hobby and not something they do full time or as a job but it certainly will help if you are seriously into it and constantly doing it, I think most people improve the more they do something. I have to agree about partnerships, I think many people rush into them expecting the special treatment and attention partners would get a few years ago but it has all changed now and partnerships have lost a lot of why they were originally special to have.

K.V Anime

Nerds With Passports
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Everyone needs to realize that becoming partnered means absolutely nothing. The only way to reap the benefits of being one is based on content creator's determination. I've seen partners that go completely nowhere due to their lack of innovation and consistency. Quite a few just want to see monetary gain from it which boggles me considering you need A LOT of activity to seen any significant income. So people need to put the idea of "being partnered means $$$" to rest. Also, it's as if those who get branded become lazy for some reason and it clearly reflects on their newer videos and their audience engagement. All the time on YTT, I see a lot of the same questions my main man John The Dad pointed out and it's an eyesore. If your content is weak and low quality, you won't go far. Plain and simple.

TheWastedTruth

Yeousch Partner
Reaction score
I agree 100%! I've done a few videos myself talking about the misconception of partnership and most recently about how Youtubers expect big Youtubers to help them out. Great post!

Richy17

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I totally agree with you John!

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I just found that my subscriber count has gone from 5 to 9 in around 3 days. I also had a comment to read and a PM from another member on this forum :)