So... whens a good time to start monetizing?

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Immediately. Unless you're doing this as a hobby, the only audience you ultimately want is an audience that is tolerant of ads. No sense building an audience that will tune out as soon as you monetize.
Oh oh, this makes a lot of sense, nice one!

I personally started monetizing from my first video. So far no complaints.

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have 27 videos. Good quality too. 11k views. I just decided to monetize my videos today. Because everything I click on YouTube now have ads. So I might as well. If it was the old YouTube 5 years ago, its best not to.

Reaction score
I always put ads to my video's. My videos will never go viral there not great video's but I'm happy earning 0.01 lol

Scottnra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I say DAY #1! Not monetizing is like walking past dollar bills sitting on the ground and wondering when a good time would be to start bending over and picking them up. It will start s l o w... You will learn, develop and evolve, and it will begin to pay off. I'll never forget when I got my first deposit and thought "I'll be dam'd it really works!"

Also think of this, YT is a Business. They exist to make money, not share your stuff. If you are helping them make money, they will be more likely to promote your stuff. The more people you attract to your stuff so they can see and click on ads the more promotion YT will give you. Make no mistake, this is about MONEY and that's ok.