So... whens a good time to start monetizing?

enteje

Reaction score
In general, when is a good time to? I'd assume when you rack up a good amount of fans (1k-ish?) I post some pretty low quality content so I know I'm not going anywhere soon lol. (my excuse is that I don't have the right equipment.) When did you guys start?

Brian Benedict

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started monetizing after about 3 or 4 months of making content. Monetizing is a goods idea, there's honestly nothing wrong with it. The most it does to viewers is either make them watch a skip able or no skip able ad, or a little ad box they can close. You wont make a lot of money off of monetizing unless one of your videos goes viral. I would recommend monetizing.

michael medina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In general, when is a good time to? I'd assume when you rack up a good amount of fans (1k-ish?) I post some pretty low quality content so I know I'm not going anywhere soon lol. (my excuse is that I don't have the right equipment.) When did you guys start?
if your getting that much views monetize your videos but work on making better quality to get more views.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I monetized the channel I have linked as soon as I was invited by YouTube. You can partner before that, however. If you are planning to monetize I personally would do it as soon as I began posting content; YouTube doesn't do retroactive payments, so any money you might have earned while your videos weren't monetized is simply gone.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I don't see any problems with starting monetizing on your first video. People are used to ads these days anyways.

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
over 10 million of views on all of my yt channels combined and still haven't started monetizing yet

enteje

Reaction score
hehe alright thanks guys i started monetizing earlier haha.

over 10 million of views on all of my yt channels combined and still haven't started monetizing yet
Woah. Lookin at your channel you got some pretty good content. congrats on 1k!

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Immediately. Unless you're doing this as a hobby, the only audience you ultimately want is an audience that is tolerant of ads. No sense building an audience that will tune out as soon as you monetize.

clairelouise

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Immediately. Unless you're doing this as a hobby, the only audience you ultimately want is an audience that is tolerant of ads. No sense building an audience that will tune out as soon as you monetize.
This is a good tip! I guess they better start watching them :p

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I monetized immediately, had what, 5 videos at the time? I now have 100 total views on my channel and have earned $0.01 xD