So what happens when multiple parties put a copyright claim on your video?

Leishua

Reaction score
Say i upload a video with permission with a musician i've agreed he can take all the revenue of the video as its dedicated to him so he makes a copyright claim. But what happens if another person randomly copyright claims the same video too. Does the money get split between the 2? Or does the first copyright claimant gets everything? I've had 2 previous encounters with fake claims on my videos and they are hella persistent in my last thread they let it expire only to claim it again and its like a tug of war with random claims.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But what happens if another person randomly copyright claims the same video too. Does the money get split between the 2? Or does the first copyright claimant gets everything?
I really have no clue but does it work that way? I mean can you just upload a video on your channel and automaticly send the revenue to others??

MHSchneider

Reaction score
I think it depends of the type of claims being made. Eg I think on a music video, a composition claim does not compete with a sound recording claims. But, two claims of the same type compete. Eg. Two sound recording claims will compete for the same revenue bucket and share, I think 50/50. Neither will alter the money going to the composition claim.