So Long Gamer YouTubers

I am sticking around on Youtube myself. To me it just seems like there is a new system and the kinks of it are presently being ironed out - then again, I have hardly monetised any of my videos so I may have escaped the crackdown wrath. And as I am sure has been pointed oiut in the previous 19 pages, a lot of gaming companies are actually really annoyed at Youtube about this, as they have not filed the claims themselves

Oh haha. Why not just stream PC games then? Basically all games on console are available on PC. And streaming on console requires a third party capture card like an El Gato or something. I guess certain games have a much bigger community on console though.[DOUBLEPOST=1386924287,1386923593][/DOUBLEPOST]

Honestly, the companies that really claim YouTube videos showcasing game-play from their games, is resulting in them losing income, are idiots. They either know that their game is complete s**t, and any videos made with game-play from it will just showcase how bad of a game it is, so they want to keep how bad their game is a secret until you buy it, or they don't recognize the massive audience gaming videos on YouTube receive, providing games with millions, if not billions of potential interested customers.

Games aren't freaking movies, or songs. By watching someone play a game, you do not get the full experience, not even close, rather, it just makes you want to play it. It's like being at a friends house, where they only have one controller, so everyone else has to watch one person play as they take turns. No one wants to just watch a game, everyone wants to play it. If the game is half decent, watching someone else play it will just motivate you to go out and buy it.

At least some of the really big game developers like EA, Blizzard, Mohjong, and Riot games, just to name a view, realize this, and even encourage gamers to post, and monetize their game-play videos on YouTube! The companies that develop and release big game titles spend millions of dollars, if not tens of millions of dollars on paid advertisements for their game!

Meanwhile, gamers on YouTube provide them with completely free advertising that likely, if all the views from videos created by gamers on a specific game are added up, reach more people then the millions that they spent on commercial advertising did!

The only reason again, that a company wouldn't want their game to be potentially viewed by millions, or billions of gamers for free, is because they know their game f*****g blows.

Totally agree

I have been fortunate enough to not have any videos flagged so far. I really hope this issue gets resolved asap.

Back