So Long Gamer YouTubers

Wenry

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd just go to Twitch if I were you.
Apparently a lot of YouTubers are having their videos flagged for copyright now.
Nintendo, Konami, Gamersfirst, & ATLUS is all I can find so far.
I feel like YouTube is just gonna get worse from here honestly.
Opinions?

Reactions: ChiakiXNanami

Rouge

The All-Round Lad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
mehh, can't blame the companies. unless they get some royalties from youtube for people making thousands off their games, then I kinda see their point.

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
it was gonna happen sooner or later, gamers were literally stealing income away from companies XD, Nintendo decided to just take your monetization which is the smartest decision, they pimping them![DOUBLEPOST=1386658548,1386658481][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's free advertisement. Nowadays I won't even buy a game unless I see some gameplay on it.
if your selling a shirt and i came into your home took the shirt and went around the city wearing it without telling you, thats still free advertisement right?

Reactions: Rouge

IsntChrisL

Easily Distracted
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The bad one's are the companies that get videos pulled. It likely loses them at least one customer and removes free advertisement. I can't knock the companies that just take the revenue though. It's their IP, after all. I do think it's a bad idea though, because again, it's likely to lose them at least one customer.

MiketheDbacker26

Let's Player
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
if your selling a shirt and i came into your home took the shirt and went around the city wearing it without telling you, thats still free advertisement right?
Not even the same thing. It's like taking her shirt, making a copy of it, returning the shirt to her, and wearing the copy around the city.

Wenry

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it was gonna happen sooner or later, gamers were literally stealing income away from companies XD, Nintendo decided to just take your monetization which is the smartest decision, they pimping them![DOUBLEPOST=1386658548,1386658481][/DOUBLEPOST]
DID YOU BUY THE SHIRT? That's different sweetie.

Reactions: MudPlayz

Kaizahr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd just go to Twitch if I were you.
Apparently a lot of YouTubers are having their videos flagged for copyright now.
Nintendo, Konami, Gamersfirst, & ATLUS is all I can find so far.
I feel like YouTube is just gonna get worse from here honestly.
Opinions?
I thought this is where networks step in. Don't networks allow their partners to use video game footage? :confused:

Reactions: Wenry

Wenry

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I thought this is where networks step in. Don't networks allow their partners to use video game footage? :confused:
It looks like that's not gonna work :/

DisOrd3r

Remember, I'm watching you!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We will see how it goes ^^ maybe the companies will go so far and tell us not to play the games? ;) just buy the games and put them in the closet :D