So I need some help with a persisting issue.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How do you get your channel known on Youtube? How to advertise channel to get subs and views?

This isn't a forum asking you guys to check out my channel. That's against the rules and we all know that.

For some this may seem like something stupid to ask, but I personally am extremely scared to just go out and try to get myself known, and even though the answers may not help with not being scared, it'll at least give me some ideas to try so I can get known.

I don't know what to do, and it's driving me insane. I want to at least think people could be looking at my channel.

You guys that have a good understanding of advertising; what should I do and where should I start when it comes to advertising my channel?

If anyone thinks this is breaking the "don't promote channel" rule, say so, or (for mods/admins) just remove it.

AlexGYQ

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The answer is all over this forum. Please take a look at the rest of the forum and then post a question about specific things that you're not sure about. Generalized questions like what you just asked just doesn't cut it. People would just say:

Try to get a presence on social media, talk to your family and friends. Tell them about your channel. Join groups and forums that are related to your channel and then share your videos there.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The answer is all over this forum. Please take a look at the rest of the forum and then post a question about specific things that you're not sure about.
Alright. Do you happen to have any links to any?

AlexGYQ

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Alright. Do you happen to have any links to any?
It's really everywhere. You could try the strategies and technique advice subforum.

It's an entire forum dedicated to answer the question you just posted.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's really everywhere. You could try the strategies and technique advice subforum.

It's an entire forum dedicated to answer the question you just posted.
Alright, I'll give that a quick look!

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Moved this here for you :)

Dazb4t

Trainee You Tube Extrodinaire.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Reviewer, Other
I personally am extremely scared to just go out and try to get myself known, and even though the answers may not help with not being scared, it'll at least give me some ideas to try so I can get known.
I suffer with anxiety issues, so in some way I can relate to what you are saying. However saying that your terrified to promote out there and then saying, I want more people to watch my videos means you my friend are hitting a brick wall. Personally me I have just had to bite the bullet and say to hell with it, get on with it. I have learned that there are trolls regardless of what you do, the more successful your channel is you will get negative comments. But what I am also learning is a loyal fan base, people will like you for you no matter what, they will support you in everything video you make. If you can put blinkers on and focus solely on the people that will enjoy your video's, then you will start to see more results. Promotion I believe is way up there on the priority list if you want to get yourself seen. I see all the fab video's you have created and the time you spent doing them now its time for you to take it up a notch and tell the world hey look at this great work i'm doing.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Moved this here for you :)
Appreciate it!

I suffer with anxiety issues, so in some way I can relate to what you are saying. However saying that your terrified to promote out there and then saying, I want more people to watch my videos means you my friend are hitting a brick wall. Personally me I have just had to bite the bullet and say to hell with it, get on with it. I have learned that there are trolls regardless of what you do, the more successful your channel is you will get negative comments. But what I am also learning is a loyal fan base, people will like you for you no matter what, they will support you in everything video you make. If you can put blinkers on and focus solely on the people that will enjoy your video's, then you will start to see more results. Promotion I believe is way up there on the priority list if you want to get yourself seen. I see all the fab video's you have created and the time you spent doing them now its time for you to take it up a notch and tell the world hey look at this great work i'm doing.
I know I'm hitting a wall, which is why I'm asking on how others may do it. I was hoping there might've been something else outside of "biting the bullet". Ah well, if I gotta do it I gotta do it. I appreciate your encouragement and the time you spent writing this, it does really help me out.

Reactions: Dazb4t