So, I made my first video... how do I get it out there?

Which social media platform works for you?

• Facebook

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Instagram

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Twitter

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Reddit

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

iGamerYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The best site for promoting that has worked THE best is honestly this forum. Facebook is also a good place for views (at least for me) but not subscribers.

Also I watched your introduction and not gonna lie I almost clicked off during the cringe section. So maybe don’t put that in all of your videos. But I decided to stick around and I’m glad I did! The rest of that video was great and the music was spot on too. Can’t wait to see what else you end up doing! I also subscribed so I won’t miss it.
Btw, I took your advise, I decided to change my channel trailer! I dont want the cringe to lure people away!

iGamerYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Facebook has been my best platform. I use an odd method, I push my videos to big pages and rely on them to repost to their facebook page. I have also sold shirts this way. The key to that strategy is it has to be good content that they think their followers will like. One video that had almost no views for the first month suddenly got this spike from one strategic share. One page shared and another saw it and shared, so it cascaded into like 100k views over a few days. You can see the blue bars are zero until a sudden moment and suddenly out of nowhere it spiked.
View attachment 42362
Great advise!!! I think I'll do that!

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Facebook has been my best platform. I use an odd method, I push my videos to big pages and rely on them to repost to their facebook page.
How do you push videos to big pages? Just post your videos on their page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Ive heard reddit is by far the hardest to advertise on, so Ill try to avoid reddit. I might do facebook. ;>
It’s only hard because it’s flooded with dreamers who think they’ll be a mega hit if they do, but 99% ofbthem are junk! The secret to Reddit is making videos others will post on your behalf

Reactions: iGamerYT

iGamerYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It’s only hard because it’s flooded with dreamers who think they’ll be a mega hit if they do, but 99% ofbthem are junk! The secret to Reddit is making videos others will post on your behalf
Ive noticed! Just a bunch of self ads on youtube subreddits. So far, facebook is working for me so Ill stick with that!

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
How do you push videos to big pages? Just post your videos on their page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From my experience I just send a message to the admin. If they like the video they share it and then boom, thousands of views. I've done this to multiple dog pages with success.

PMW

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some great tags, description and titles as well as thumbnails will do a lot better than just about any other website. Use things like rapidtags website to make great tags

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reddit is tricky since there are a lot of saltier people there. If you contribute to discussions and make a name for yourself, more people will be likely to check out your vid when you do post it. I've had some success there, but by far the best (and seemingly easiest) has been Facebook. I targeted a couple Warframe pages and started getting involved there. You also have the option to boost posts. Hope this helps.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive heard reddit is by far the hardest to advertise on, so Ill try to avoid reddit. I might do facebook. ;>
Reddit isn’t hard to share your videos but you just need to find the right thread to post your videos because some people may leave nasty comments and they may even down vote your post.