So I got this comment...

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
so nice lol.jpg
I get it when people don't like me because of my art style, my vids in general, the quality, or my own personality, but I've sat here for a few minutes thinking about this comment, and I'm not sure what's truly caused this person to really dislike me.

is it because I take a long time to make videos? is it cause I've been on youtube for ages, or the sub count? I just dont really understand.

Does it reflect badly on me that my vid count is so low? what's your opinion?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There's a lot of chatter (noise, really) from people who think they know who "should" and "shouldn't" have X number of subscribers based on what they upload, how often they upload, who they are, how they look, how they sound, etc.

Don't pay them any attention, please! Just do what makes you happy with your channel.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Someone who clearly underestimates the huge amount of work required to make your videos. Also jealous of your impressive stats (daily stats and totals) from "only" 19 videos. (not 11 according to SocialBlade)

Not only is their comment rude, it's also pretty malicious. This is one which I'd use the "make this person's comments not appear" option - So he (or she?) thinks everyone can see his/her comment but doesn't see anyone taking the bait.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
The fact that this person dislikes you because of some numbers makes him seem very immature, so I say it's jealousy because you managed to gain 50k subs with "just" 11 videos.
yeah, thanks for the reply, I was hoping it doesn't look bad on my channel with those numbers.

Really don't take it personally. This just sounds like a jealousy thing to be honest. Just try any laugh off the negativity from people. Your obviously doing something right, and this person is jealous of that.
I guess i read a little too much into it, its obvious they watched my videos enough to know i was a girl, how many uploads etc. I was hoping it wasn't a happy viewer turned sour for some reason. - thanks for the reply~

There's a lot of chatter (noise, really) from people who think they know who "should" and "shouldn't" have X number of subscribers based on what they upload, how often they upload, who they are, how they look, how they sound, etc.

Don't pay them any attention, please! Just do what makes you happy with your channel.
Yeah, it makes me think of the people that always seem to think people like pewdiepie don't deserve subs, when really, its not like they were given, He earned them the same as anyone else. thanks for replying, Ill keep doing what im doing regardless :)

Someone who clearly underestimates the huge amount of work required to make your videos. Also jealous of your impressive stats (daily stats and totals) from "only" 19 videos. (not 11 according to SocialBlade)

Not only is their comment rude, it's also pretty malicious. This is one which I'd use the "make this person's comments not appear" option - So he (or she?) thinks everyone can see his/her comment but doesn't see anyone taking the bait.
I can't really block this person as this comment was made on someone elses video. When I commented, i got 2 really nice replies from the uploader and someone that recognised my username. it just felt a bit of a spoil to have this one stuck at the end of the comment chain. (I also found it a bit weird they know enough about me that they've clearly watched my vids) ~ thanks for the reply btw :)

Reactions: Sabrina and Crown

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If anything, that speaks miles about the quality of your channel and the hard work you put into your videos. They're quality uploads and the subscriber count speaks for itself - no one's subscribed to you for the novelty of a video at the same time every week, they're subscribed to you because they know when you do have something to upload, it'll be something they'll enjoy that you believe in.
The comment's pretty counter-productive too because if I saw that on someone's video, I'd be going over to see what all the fuss is about! The comment reads to me as though it was written by someone quite young who maybe doesn't quite appreciate the hard work it takes to do well on YouTube. They've got nothing to say that you can work on and some people just want to dislike to spite another's success.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If anything, that speaks miles about the quality of your channel and the hard work you put into your videos. They're quality uploads and the subscriber count speaks for itself - no one's subscribed to you for the novelty of a video at the same time every week, they're subscribed to you because they know when you do have something to upload, it'll be something they'll enjoy that you believe in.
The comment's pretty counter-productive too because if I saw that on someone's video, I'd be going over to see what all the fuss is about! The comment reads to me as though it was written by someone quite young who maybe doesn't quite appreciate the hard work it takes to do well on YouTube. They've got nothing to say that you can work on and some people just want to dislike to spite another's success.
way to put a positive spin on it :D thanks!
and yeah, i prefer people telling my my sound quality sucks, or something so I can work on it :)