So..... am gonna try Reddit wish me luck!

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am going to get to know the community and follow the rules and everything.I will let you guys know how it goes maybe its just us youtubers that rush too much...am gonna try to follow this guy`s guide while making myself as friendly as possible as well so will see results.
(Update 1)
So far not bad!people have been visiting my Reddit profile which has posts of my videos which were posted to the sub forums!So the trick right now am using is gaining views from top comments on Reddit viral videos...its kinda working and for now its the only way until i get enough karma to post videos in the main Reddit video forums.
(Update 2)
I managed post a video to the main video sections of Reddit after gaining enough karma to post there and there was no hate but they voted my video down!but the thing is my video was kinda unique a event you could say.But ya no hate gained me about 94 views in 1 day.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeauxHARD

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Let me know how it goes, I've been interested in reddit myself but I've been to worried about the negative backlash to actually try it.

Reactions: Riley Larche

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Good Luck lol.

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Reddit will get you views but is awful for audience retention and watch time in most cases. Anyway try it out and see if it works for you. I stopped sharing their and my average view time went up 40 seconds. That's of course not to say it don't work for some people though.

Reactions: Devin

flyfiend

Reaction score
As much as i would like to post my content on reddit I think any type of self promotion is widely frowned upon there so I've avoided sharing anything. It's annoying because it's probably one of the best places for me to post as a lot of people interested in my niche post there, but as I said people there will see the video, hate on you and more than likely dislike the video without even watching.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nebojsa032

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was also thinking about starting to post on Reddit, people say it is the "front page of Internet", so i am sure it can bring some pretty big audience, just be friendly and kind over there :thumbsup2:

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Reddit is my number one external place to get views. Yes it's true that my audience retention from there is about a minute and 10 seconds less (my average is 4 minutes), but it's totally worth it for the thousands of views and subscribers you get from there and all the watch time will more than make up for it. Just be prepared for all the criticisms good and bad you can get. But from my experience if your content is good, people will upvote your content and many will love you. It took me several months to really understand the math on how Reddit works, so don't expect much results when you start. I know it's different depending on what niche you're in but if anyone tells you Reddit doesn't work, they just haven't figured out how it works yet.

Last edited:

Nebojsa032

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reddit is my number one external place to get views. Yes it's true that my audience retention from there is about a minute and 10 seconds less (my average is 4 minutes), it's totally worth it for the thousands of views and subscribers you get from there and all the watch time will more than make up for it. Just be prepared for all the criticisms good and bad you can get. But from my experience if your content is good, people will upvote your content and many will love you. It took me several months to really understand the math on how Reddit works, so don't expect much results when you start. I know it's different depending on what niche you're in but if anyone tells you Reddit doesn't work, they just haven't figured out how it works yet.

Nice! I am really happy about you man :)

Shawn Gossman

Reaction score
I've never had any luck promoting with reddit. I've ran message forums for many years and have tried with that and it always seemed to be frowned upon even when sharing informative topics that were created. This is odd to me as well because reddit has always been included in all the addons that bring social sharing icons to your forum, blog, etc. They treat reddit as a social sharing network but once you do it, you often get some fairly negative feedback and being accused of spamming.

Tyron Fedrick

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good luck with that. I'm giving it a try this week too. Still trying to get how Reddit works. Looks confusing