saBotage

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hi,

some time ago, i asked about the dislikes, because i'd never had a serious amount, as i had on the video it concerned. So i made a thread.

All the feedback was really really nice, but i've come to a conclusion, which is not the same as i was told.
Many answered and said, that i shouldn't be worried, because it would count as an "interaction" and not as a minus on the video.

As i have followed the video and the tags, i'm no longer in the top on all the tags i were before, which means fewer views. This i'm really strongly believe is because another dude posted a video with the same tags, and he didn't get the same amount of dislikes compared to likes. So even though his video didn't have the same amount of views or even close, it got higher in searches.

I'm not in any way disappointed, and i'm not trying to sound mad, i just wanted to let you know, that dislikes aren't neutral.

Peter_Brown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't know if they're neutral or not, but they are counted toward interaction.

I get a lot of dislikes. I'm up to 200 this month. I think if they outweigh the likes it might work against you, but other wise I don't believe it.

There are many reasons 1 video would be higher in YOUR search on YouTube than another. Many many reasons. Try not to worry about dislikes.

Reactions: PunchbowlGaming

PunchbowlGaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't know if they're neutral or not, but they are counted toward interaction.

I get a lot of dislikes. I'm up to 200 this month. I think if they outweigh the likes it might work against you, but other wise I don't believe it.

There are many reasons 1 video would be higher in YOUR search on YouTube than another. Many many reasons. Try not to worry about dislikes.
I think that's the case. Once the dislikes begin to outweigh the likes or significantly bring down your like to dislike ratio then you might have an issue, until that happens I dont think you have to worry about it affecting your search results.

TheAwkwardFamily

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The best advice I can give is take off the ratings so that viewers can't see them. I was getting haters from Twitter because I argued with someone. As soon as I took the ratings off so people couldn't see how many I had they stopped!