So, about auto message...

Aural Engineer

Reaction score
Hello youtube friends.

I know the thread title sounds kind of provocative but just hear me out.
Searching about this theme in google has brought me to bot sites where people wrote scripts for auto messaging.
Their purpose was mostly to promote their channel/video via spam.
What I want is slightly different:
Yes I want to promote my channel. I have an old channel with 875 subs. It still gains 1 or 2 subscribers every 2 days or so although I'm not uploading any content.
I also have a new channel I'm working on right now which is about the same content.
What I would like to do now is auto message people who subscribe to my old channel and tell them like "Hey, thanks for your support. Sadly I'm not uploading any new content on this channel. But check out my new project: //link//."
Has anyone ever thought about something like that?
And don't start on featured channel list, annotations or whatever conventional method you can think of. I already worked on that. ;)
If you have an idea please help me out. I don't want to spend the next weeks learning how to write scripts. ;D

Greetings
SuperTasche

Br00tal

No Mercy For The Weak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I am not risking sending PM's to people because the chance is pretty high that they will class it as spam.
Its a quite risky business, but you choose yourself what to do.

Richnode

How many walruses have you stroked today?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
Hello youtube friends.

Searching about this theme in google has brought me to bot sites where people wrote scripts for auto messaging.
Yes I want to promote my channel. I have an old channel with 875 subs. It still gains 1 or 2 subscribers every 2 days or so although I'm not uploading any content.
I also have a new channel I'm working on right now which is about the same content.
What I would like to do now is auto message people who subscribe to my old channel and tell them like "Hey, thanks for your support. Sadly I'm not uploading any new content on this channel. But check out my new project: //link//."
And don't start on featured channel list, annotations or whatever conventional method you can think of. I already worked on that. ;)
If you have an idea please help me out. I don't want to spend the next weeks learning how to write scripts. ;D

Greetings
SuperTasche
Why can't you just upload a video explaining you've made a new channel on the old one?

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hello youtube friends.

Greetings
SuperTasche
That is against YouTube's ToS, you can get banned for that.

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Spamming people with PMs is looked down upon and grounds for a Community Guildlines strike.

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I hate those auto messages. I mark every single one as spam. Just make a video directing people to your new channel. Don't send out spam messages. It's against Youtube ToS anyways.

Aural Engineer

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks for the answears.
Hm, well I haven't done a video yet which explains that I have a new channel. I will do that but that won't do what I need.
I'm not shure if all of you really got what I wrote. I DON'T want to spam with a script.
I need NEW subscribers to be redirected to my new channel.
What I could do is make a word file which has a prewritten text and every time I get a new sub I would send a message to that person with said text.
But that is kind of annoying isn't it? Well I know that I'm walking kind of in the grey area of ToS here but I don't want to really spam the people.
I mean they SUBSCRIBED to me to get infos FROM me. Right?

Richnode

How many walruses have you stroked today?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
Okay. Thanks for the answears.
Hm, well I haven't done a video yet which explains that I have a new channel. I will do that but that won't do what I need.
I'm not shure if all of you really got what I wrote. I DON'T want to spam with a script.
I need NEW subscribers to be redirected to my new channel.
What I could do is make a word file which has a prewritten text and every time I get a new sub I would send a message to that person with said text.
But that is kind of annoying isn't it? Well I know that I'm walking kind of in the grey area of ToS here but I don't want to really spam the people.
I mean they SUBSCRIBED to me to get infos FROM me. Right?
If your old channel has the intro as "go to my new channel" video. There's no way I can see it not doing what you want.