Smiling in a video

Gleff

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve been experimenting with video making, but I’ve come across a really obvious, if not silly issue.

I’m pretty passionate about whatever I talk about, but I find it rather hard to show a smile while doing so. It’s not just when I create videos, but even when talking to another human being, a smile isn’t a natural phenomenon with me. Don’t get me wrong, I have my moments, and i’m a very likeable person, but It’s become more evident when I play back my videos that I don’t tend to smile, and really find it strange to do so because it feels contrived for the video..

I see other youtubers that have huge smiles, and really come across as happy go lucky.

I realise this will take practice, but was wondering if this happens to everyone when they first start, or whether you have any pointers to over come this.

Note: I’m generally a happy person, and don’t have issues in human contact, but it just looks more evident now that I see myself on the other side of a lens.

fitwithliz

Reaction score
I have this problem aswell, its my 4th video ill be posting Monday and I think ive done better and smiled more.. I think it comes with time and practise personally.
I would record the same thing a few times and watch it back and try to naturally smile