Small Youtubers VS Big Youtubers, which would you watch more?

gerard loughran

I've Got It
When I first found YouTube and started watching videos, I always watched the "bigger names" never really thought about smaller channels etc.

until the day I started my own channel, I would actually say I watch a lot more smaller channels than I do the bigger ones.

I like the connection you get with people from smaller channels.

just curious to what other people prefer?

I mostly watch bigger channels but I'l probably watch smaller ones as I discover them. Initially most of us will start on the bigger channels because they're the ones that are plastered on the front page and easy to find. I guess when you wiggle into the YouTube culture you'd begin to find different niches and channels that wouldn't necessarily pop up on your Facebook feed.

Usually whichever video that caters to my content interest. I've been looking for more information on smartphones so many tech channels pop up. Regardless of sub count, I watch the video that gives me the best information.

There's only a handful of people I watch whenever they upload something new. Their sub counts range from a few thousand to millions.

i don't actually watch many of the bigger youtubers. i am not subscribed to shane dawson, pewdiepie, fouseytube, roman atwood. I've only watched maybe 3 videos from each channel and they haven't been able to capture my interest.

I only started watching Superwomans videos last month and i am late to her channel. Her channel has never really interest me either but Her humble attitude has made me like her so i did sub last month cos she comes across as humble even with all the views she gets.

I actually enjoy most of Neistat's stuff, other than that I tend to find smaller YouTubers interesting to watch.

I mostly watch bigger channels but I'l probably watch smaller ones as I discover them. Initially most of us will start on the bigger channels because they're the ones that are plastered on the front page and easy to find. I guess when you wiggle into the YouTube culture you'd begin to find different niches and channels that wouldn't necessarily pop up on your Facebook feed.
Ya same here, it's really easy to find bigger channels because their videos are recommended to me all the time. With smaller channels you have to look for them but it's usually nice to know that your comment doesn't get lost in a sea of 10,000 like on bigger channels.

Ya same here, it's really easy to find bigger channels because their videos are recommended to me all the time. With smaller channels you have to look for them but it's usually nice to know that your comment doesn't get lost in a sea of 10,000 like on bigger channels.
Yeah, I don't bother so much with commenting on larger channels because you knows that comment is about to lose it self amongst the many THOUSAND others. That's part of the appeal of smaller channels and their respective communities I guess. It's easier to actually engage with the creator and recognize other fans who may appear frequently in the comments section.

Back