Small Youtubers lesser-known-of support tags [Work in Progress]

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
A few friends and I were discussing how the #newyoutuber(s) and the #smallyoutuber(s) hashtags are becoming over saturated, even by channels that aren't so small anymore, so we're trying to come up with a few newer ones to even out the game. Here's what we came up with: (#)newtubers (#)freshtubers (#)tinytubers (#)discovertube (#)smallytbr

If you have any more suggestions, please state them.

In any case, the only way these are gonna catch on is if we start using them on other social medias, so feel free to include them in your future posts and it'll be easier for us (actual small youtubers) to find/ support each other. If not then, well we tried. :p

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hashtags for twitter and instagram or for what?

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
#smallyoutubersuniteagainstbigones :D hahahah that one will be unique for sure! I don`t think that will help too much, but we can give it a try :) I found Instagram very good for new youtubers since with hashtags you can be very easily discovered when you put some new picture. I like that on Instagram very much because, in such way, even the new (not popular) pictures can be discovered.

Reactions: Varlais Alata

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The main benefit of hashtags is for them to become popular enough to be discovered via search, so I'm not very sure that "oversaturated" is much of a problem with hashtagging. If you're looking for unique tags for certain people to find one another, I think this is a good idea, but if you're looking for general discovery by people who actively seek out smaller channels, it may be best to stick to the ones that are going to wind up being searched for.

Reactions: Varlais Alata

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Does anyone ever actually actively search for smaller channels? I'm actually kinda curious about that. I figured most people on YouTube, as far as viewers, are very close-minded and only watch what they know or what looks good in suggested (which is what I'm guilty of, myself, lol).

Reactions: Crown

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone ever actually actively search for smaller channels? I'm actually kinda curious about that. I figured most people on YouTube, as far as viewers, are very close-minded and only watch what they know or what looks good in suggested (which is what I'm guilty of, myself, lol).
People don't search for small or big channels. They search for content that interests them and eventually entertain them. Me and my friends watch videos whatever views they have or how many subscribers the channel has. If people were watching only big channels, then the smaller channels wouldn't be getting any views at all and this is not the case.

Aro-En

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I didn't think hashtags could be saturated... but if it's for discoverability purposes, then I see your point.
#NewYT
#Freshtubers is actually kinda cute!:)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yeah I agree. I think these hashtags are a waste of time if the purpose is to get more views. That's not how SEO works at all. People don't search for a particular-sized channel. Most viewers don't care about the size of a channel so long as the content is good. I'm guessing the only people who would use or click on these hashtags are the same small channels who are using them on their own videos.... and I doubt they are clicking on anyone else's videos anyway.

I think a better use of a small Youtuber's time would be to improve their content and use tags, hashtags and SEO titles and descriptions of terms that actually describe their CONTENT. :)