Small Youtuber Benefits And Sponsorships

Should Smaller Youtube Have Sponsorship?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's hard to grow and getting subs on Youtube. I wonder if their anyway to get a sponsorships from have 200 or more. If that happens you might get more exposure on Youtube and social media. But you have to get 1,000 or more subs to get a sponsorship which is not easy. Why down on the little guys? What are your guys thoughts?

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A sponsorship is not necessary for a channel that barely gets any views or is very small. Not only for the sponsor is it completely unattractive also the YouTuber itself would have no advantage of doing so. The reason you can only get one when you're bigger is because both parties need to be able to get an advantage out of it.

Reactions: Mirandapanda

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Brands sponsor a channel to make money. If you do not have an audience, they do not have anyone to market to, and therefore they're just throwing money away. Famebit does help smaller channels find sponsors, although you need to have 5000 subs to join. But in the grand scheme of things on youtube, that's actually quite a small channel!

As a small channel the goal shouldn't be to make as much money as possible anyway, but instead to grow your audience, improve your content, figure out your identity as a channel etc.

piaiscool

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Brands sponsor a channel to make money. If you do not have an audience, they do not have anyone to market to, and therefore they're just throwing money away. Famebit does help smaller channels find sponsors, although you need to have 5000 subs to join. But in the grand scheme of things on youtube, that's actually quite a small channel!

As a small channel the goal shouldn't be to make as much money as possible anyway, but instead to grow your audience, improve your content, figure out your identity as a channel etc.
Very well put^^

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sponsorship doesn't give you exposure. Sponsorship is to give you money for the exposure you've already earned. The reason companies will take a chance on a YouTube channel is because you've shown that you can grow and retain an audience's attention. If a magazine only sold 100 copies, then advertisers wouldn't want to pay for ads to be printed there. Same thing with sponsorships.

People seem to think that YouTube is here to help push creators into some sort of fame or money-making situation, but it's just a platform. You can use it the way you want to and hope it will help you achieve your goals. But just as being able to print a novel through a vanity press isn't going to guarantee you'll get readers, posting videos on YouTube isn't going to get you viewers, and expecting the platform to do the work that is necessary to be a success is a little bit unrealistic.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I think some things should be earned. 1000 is not a big channel and that doesn't promise 1000 views anyway. There's no sense giving money to someone who can't make back the investment

Pedals & Stuff

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
If you're consistent, you will eventually get to 1000 subscribers. If you don't get there, your content is not good enough.
Plain and simple.
Consistency and good videos.

ColorCommentary

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you are forced to watch ads on a small channel (which is likely a channel you do not know) then I can see the views stagnating or dropping even because people are not prepared to waste their time watching an ad for a video they might not like. So I think that sponsoring smaller YouTubers in that way would only bite them.

Hiroto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well yea at the end of the day, the sponsors want money and want a channel that has the audience already. But just keep on making videos and have fun and your fine!

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have to get 1,000 or more subs to get a sponsorship which is not easy. Why down on the little guys? What are your guys thoughts?
It would be a colossal waste of resources to sponsor someone with virtually no on line presence. It is a cold hard truth and you'd best deal with it. Everything revolves around money, and it just would not be a wise investment on a company's part. Oh, I got 3K subscribers and no car or motorcycle manufacturers are knocking on my door for reviews. So yeah... I am not a wise investment. Change it to 100k subscribers or more and that starts to change the game.

Reactions: Gaijillionaire