Small Clip-on Bluetooth Mic

turtile

Does anyone know if there are any small clip-on Bluetooth mics that can work with a phone? I'm thinking about using my phone for some simple recording but I'd like to have nice audio quality at the proper volume.

Thanks

I’ve been using my iphone to record audio, separate from our DSLR and it works GREAT.. but using a moderately priced lav mic with a wire, and putting the phone in my pocket.

The problem with bluetooth and wireless microphones is that, unless you're willing to pay, the quality is probably always going to be much, much worse than wired.

That said, the mic that @Brandon has linked seems to get good reviews, though from experience and advice of others I'd still be wary, personally.

As @The NotARubicon! does, you can use a wired lav mic and record to your phone, and with the right mic that's probably going to get you the best quality at the keenest price.

The Boya BY-M1 seems to get a lot of love from YouTube "gurus" (I hate that word!), and is recommended by Video Influencers, amongst others. Whilst not wireless, it comes with a 6ft / 20 metre cable so if you're filming from your phone it gives you plenty of distance.

My phone doesn't have a headphone jack so it looks like I'll just go with wired. It seems strange that there are so few available!

Thanks

Back