Single video review request for dead zones?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi.. so most of my subscribers subscribed from my techie wallet reviews. Recently did a watch review also with some tech & cool product design attributes /similar kinda mens fashion/gadgets theme to my usual content. Its not well indexed yet so Its just being shown to subs who aren't digging it i think OR maybe I have kinda dead zones where I'm loosing people as my retention is down a little form what I usually get.

Specifically could you comment please on:
1. Anywhere that might be a dead zone where peeps may loose intereset
2. image quality (i tried to level up and have better studio lighting set up now)
3. Any other observation you think helpful as I have more auto & solar watch reviews planned.
video:

I'm hoping when/if it starts to get found from search that watch people might like more.

Thanks for any suggestion peeps

Last edited:

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
This video kinda comes off as a commercial for their product. I think it's because you spend a long time on their website explaining every little detail. Maybe sum that up in 10 seconds and get back to the actual product. (0:21-2:31) 2 minutes is too long imo.

The "like, subscribe, comment" call to action in the middle of the video probably won't get much response. If you want more interaction, ask the viewers a simple question or for their opinion on something. Example: "What is your favorite watch design? Let me know in the comments below." Give them a reason to subscribe like, "I make videos about tech review every Saturday, so be sure to subscribe for more!"

That's all. I hope that helps.

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
This video kinda comes off as a commercial for their product. I think it's because you spend a long time on their website explaining every little detail. Maybe sum that up in 10 seconds and get back to the actual product. (0:21-2:31) 2 minutes is too long imo.

The "like, subscribe, comment" call to action in the middle of the video probably won't get much response. If you want more interaction, ask the viewers a simple question or for their opinion on something. Example: "What is your favorite watch design? Let me know in the comments below." Give them a reason to subscribe like, "I make videos about tech review every Saturday, so be sure to subscribe for more!"

Thanks new age. I think your right. Maybe too long on the website. I thought It would add value to show the process from design to actual product delivery.. but I think people enjoy the unboxing part more (which is my normal format). I'll try your call to action suggestion next time.. I'm thinking more about call to action but i see you have a lot more experience than me so your gonna know what works best.. I'll go with your idea. Thank.. you obviously put some careful thought into suggestion .. I appreciate it.

oh.. I notice your not using your url shortened. Over 100 subs & youtube allows you to give your channel url an actual name. Instead of UCRKp4_4j5bCreC66tjoFjhQ. You can do it within creator studio.

Soul Hyorinmaru

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
honestly, to sum up all of those questions into one simple answer, don't spend so much time on the website and dont seem like you selling their product, make it seem like you are the consumer and consumer only.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score

So i've been acting on some of your advice actually. With this particular video I deleted as It was going nowhere and so I just remade it. I halved the time spent in the website. Tried to make look/sound less commercial. Editing out a lot of non relevant speech about the brand. And whilst I forgot on this video I have been using CTAs like what you said which I can report work much better!! Most my other new vids now have CTA more like "subscribe to see next.." or "I have new cool products on the way.. subscribe so as not to miss next.." etc. Thanks V much. ! appreciated. New video still a flop so far maybe. I chose not to notify subs of new upload as it is off niche for them which I think was one of the reasons last upload failed as people watched for like 10-30 seconds and killed watch time retention and in turn suggested content.

Reactions: Ezrider92356

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I thought the video was good the commentary could have flowed a little better however it was overall good. I'm not a watch person but I found it interesting. You might ask people for to suggest items to review next as your call to action instead. Rather than going threw all the options when ordering mabye say tons of options to choose from and highlight a few of them. Overall though I thought it was very good