simpsons theme channel? illegal?

abbe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
hullo,

since day one i've been a huge simpsons fan.
i've had this idea for a few weeks about creating a channel where i discuss simpsons related stuff, review episodes, talk about certain moments, open up discussions, and a whole bunch of other ideas i have written down. I would soo love to do this!! (:)

now to my question, would creating such a channel even be possible? if i sit and talk about simpsons for a few minutes and not use any copyrighted content?

the reason for creating a 2nd channel for this is because i feel it differ too much from skateboarding and indie rock.

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For review purposes, yes, it's legal, but be very careful not to rely on the raw Simpson material to generate views. Make sure that people are coming for you, not for Simpsons. By the sounds of your plans, it seems completely legal.

Reactions: abbe

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If you're videos are apart of fair use (reviews, trans formative in nature etc.) It is 100% legal however just uploading simpsons or any kind of copyrighted content unchanged you will be in some trouble.

However discussing it is fine copyright can be used if you are using it in fair use. :)