Signs Of Desperation Are Everywhere!

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Then again there are channels like Cutest Animals, user / dompetlusuh / featured that have figured out how to get 22 million views in 1 month from just 9 animal compilation videos, with each over 10 minutes long so they can have more ads on them so the cash from ad revenue must be enormous. This channel is not even giving credit to the video owners in the description either. I'm not saying it is a good idea to do it. I am just wondering how it is possible such a channel could go undetected by Youtube when it is gaining such massive traffic in a short time?!
Monetized, doesn't mean that the uploader earns money. If the videos are claimed by third parties, the revenue will go to them. Usually these channels earn revenue through other means, not by YouTube Partner Program - for example sending the visitors to affiliate links, random "giveaways" and similar dodgy practices.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Then again there are channels like Cutest Animals, user / dompetlusuh / featured that have figured out how to get 22 million views in 1 month from just 9 animal compilation videos, with each over 10 minutes long so they can have more ads on them so the cash from ad revenue must be enormous. This channel is not even giving credit to the video owners in the description either. I'm not saying it is a good idea to do it. I am just wondering how it is possible such a channel could go undetected by Youtube when it is gaining such massive traffic in a short time?!
I have no idea!

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
. I am just wondering how it is possible such a channel could go undetected by Youtube when it is gaining such massive traffic in a short time?!
I have not a shred of evidence for this; but could YouTube have a separate set of terms and conditions/rules/requirements etc for larger creators?

When it comes to Adsense for websites, there is a separate category of invite only 'premium publishers' that do have a separate different set of terms and conditions from that the "regular" publisher. Why could there not be one for YouTube ????

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I have not a shred of evidence for this; but could YouTube have a separate set of terms and conditions/rules/requirements etc for larger creators?

When it comes to Adsense for websites, there is a separate category of invite only 'premium publishers' that do have a separate different set of terms and conditions from that the "regular" publisher. Why could there not be one for YouTube ????
I suppose there could be at that, @cbpayne; but I've never been made aware of any such, and I am a Google Product Expert in the area of YouTube. There are a few levels above my own, and I am told that at least one of them could involve Non-Disclosure Agreements; so even if I reached that height and was made aware of such a separate TOS set, I might not be able to inform the forum.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
There definitely isn't a separate TOS for larger creators. :)

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There definitely isn't a separate TOS for larger creators. :)
There isn't an OFFICIAL separate TOS for larger creators. That doesn't mean that the YouTube brass doesn't give them greater unofficial latitude.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Signs of desperation, the expression is quite right. It feels like easy money can be made, for a job that's actually quite pleasant and if anything challenging on a personal level. There seems to be every day or two, some new channel that pops up with some dude talking about political/society issues, and you look down, 500k views... and what they're saying is so current and like everybody knows what he's saying during the whole video, it's just blabbering on some hot topic.......so it really feels like an opportunity lost to many not to give it a shot. But then they learn it's a tad more work than expected, and hence, the signs of desperation.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Small people (as creators) go by the book the laws or the TOS.

big personas and companies go by the money. No limits there.

That simple.