Signs Of Desperation Are Everywhere!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
You could go one step further @Crown . When ever I catch someone steeling my videos I not only report it I also go look for any other victims (which there usually is) that the scammer has stolen from.. and notify them! That way the scammer gets multiple reports and strikes all in one go from all affected creators which hopefully hits harder or gets them removed etc.

I used to do this but I very rarely got a reply back so stopped doing it. In this particular case, I filed claims for both my videos and the channel got 2 strikes. Ironically I was disappointed he didn't steal 3 of my videos because 3 strikes would have terminated his channel overnight lol.

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
It is a common problem of media or text or whatever steal or mis-use everywhere in the net. Watermarking images or videos is a solution, keeping stuff in communities or private for friends and family folders seem a solution. We are millions of people and we all have something to say or show. But guess what? Nobody cares for all. it is not possible. Some make it, some fake it, some quit. :) Life is full of surprises, in every cloud there is a silver line if I got the phrase right!
Oh welcome back, my friend!

I am not quitting at all. I will just set up new channels elsewhere on the 'net. I did it before when YouTube set up the 10 minute limit rule originally, and didn't post again to the platform until that rule was altered to allow longer videos.

By demonetizing my final monetized channel, YouTube will be sending a clear message that my content isn't welcome; so why should I waste energy uploading to this platform when the assets I use cost me up to £2500/yr?

Do I not deserve some ROI?

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
new channels
Thanks! Apologies for the word "quit" it was meant to mean "move forward". Consider a site or blog and if you believe that you will be demonetized for sure, start now. It takes time to design, organize and make it work. Although I believe that you can always use Youtube as a free deposit of files (videos) even if not monetised :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks! Apologies for the word "quit" it was meant to mean "move forward". Consider a site or blog and if you believe that you will be demonetized for sure, start now. It takes time to design, organize and make it work. Although I believe that you can always use Youtube as a free deposit of files (videos) even if not monetised :)
Already in place; has been since 2017; but limited server space forces me to be very picky about what I put there, and Google Adsense would never accept that site for ads, either; so the only monetization in place is iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, and the other streaming or download services for music.

Search "Hypnotic Mindscapes Records" and you will find it. I need to go in and update it to include all the services available.

I also have Dailymotion Partnership in place, and am looking at several up and coming monetization platforms for my videos.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's a shame if they're forcing hypnosis videos off the platform. I've used hypnosis / binaural beats from YouTube (as a viewer / listener) in the past and they helped me a lot.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It's a shame if they're forcing hypnosis videos off the platform. I've used hypnosis / binaural beats from YouTube (as a viewer / listener) in the past and they helped me a lot.
Oh it's not the hypnosis videos they will get me for, per se.

It's more the fact that I choose to use stock footage to back my hypnosis vocals rather than sit in front of the camera pretending to hypnotize people personally. They will force binaural beat and meditation music channels off due to the sheer numbers of same that exist.

Reactions: Crown

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
They will force binaural beat and meditation music channels off
I also have a video (merely one, though) playing binaural beats next to some rendered visuals (not stock footage, rendered by myself).
Hope they'll let me monetize that video once I'm re-approved after losing my YPP status in 2018 when they introduced the 1k/4k rule

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They will force binaural beat and meditation music channels off due to the sheer numbers of same that exist.
Yes, they probably will. YouTube only cares about videos that make them money. If your videos don't keep eyes on the screen, then those eyes can't watch their ads. This is going to happen to people who just put up hours of audio content. It doesn't make YouTube money, it isn't advertiser friendly, therefore it's a waste of their resources to provide space for it.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yes, they probably will. YouTube only cares about videos that make them money. If your videos don't keep eyes on the screen, then those eyes can't watch their ads. This is going to happen to people who just put up hours of audio content. It doesn't make YouTube money, it isn't advertiser friendly, therefore it's a waste of their resources to provide space for it.
I have video not just audio, and it isn't in the form of static photos! The video types you mention, some of which content matches my own, tend to get millions of views per video.

I am making money; so YouTube must also be making money. So that could not be the problem at all. If music isn't advertiser-friendly, then all of the official artist channels VEVO puts up should go as well! Some of those, could be hit for sexual content and foul language under the Community Guidelines very easily.

Lukas Kade

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most creators who are partners, don't make enormous amounts of cash from ad revenue in the first place; so those who come to YouTube thinking they will make their living from posting videos, are usually so far off the mark it's not funny.

If you want a living wage, there is a better way. It's called a job.
Then again there are channels like Cutest Animals, user / dompetlusuh / featured that have figured out how to get 22 million views in 1 month from just 9 animal compilation videos, with each over 10 minutes long so they can have more ads on them so the cash from ad revenue must be enormous. This channel is not even giving credit to the video owners in the description either. I'm not saying it is a good idea to do it. I am just wondering how it is possible such a channel could go undetected by Youtube when it is gaining such massive traffic in a short time?!