Signs Of Desperation Are Everywhere!

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
It's getting to the point where I cringe whenever I visit a YouTube-related forum.

Would-be YouTube Partner Programme applicants are desperately casting about, looking for any source of monetizable content they don't have to create totally themselves.

I'm sorry, but that just isn't going to work anymore. Learn to create content yourselves, or forget about YouTube as a major source of money. Most creators who are partners, don't make enormous amounts of cash from ad revenue in the first place; so those who come to YouTube thinking they will make their living from posting videos, are usually so far off the mark it's not funny.

If you want a living wage, there is a better way. It's called a job.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
When it comes to Adsense for websites, >95% of new applications are being rejected and they have been doing that for a while. Adsense led to an "industry" of useless MFA (made for adsense) websites that added no value to the web. Adsense had to act.

Same thing was happening on YouTube with an exponential increase in useless MFM (made for monetization) channels that add nothing of value to the ecosystem. Combine that trend with the 2017 adpocalypse.

Just look at Google own YouTube help group and all those whining about waiting for monetization. Moist of them are useless junk. If you were and advertiser paying good money for the clicks, would you want your advertisement on that junk or your brand associated with that junk?

YouTube had to act.

Reactions: videoeditgr

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
@cbpayne

Make that 99% rejected; but they have totally gone over the top now. Please have a look at my final post to the thread below. I don't have VIP, so you will need to "select all", and go to it.

yttalk.com/threads/is-monetizing-covers-possible-on-yt.287391/#post-2319475

I know what is happening on both the now-former YouTube Help Forum and the new Help Community. I am a Silver Level Google Product Expert in the area of YouTube; and I am over there every day.

Reactions: markkaz

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I agree with OP @UKHypnotist .. sick of listening to whining spammers who want to contribute absolutely nothing to Youtube.. and simply steal footage and moosic they compile together under under the guise of fair use and then expect to get paid for their ZERO creativity and ZERO effort. I'm glad youtube are doing something about getting this constant stream of endless trash off the site. If you can't be bothered to point a camera at something or/and speak into microphone to make some original content then they have no business being on Youtube imo.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Recently I had someone reupload 2 of my videos to his channel. How did I find them? Well apparently stealing my content wasn't enough for him - He also wanted to syphon off my traffic and piggyback off my success a bit more so he decided to spam his channel and hashtags in my comments. His messages were flagged as potential spam so I was curious and checked out his channel and found my videos.

So not only do these clowns want to steal content, they also want to steal your traffic and are so dumb that they spam "their" videos on the channel they stole the content from in the first place. Wow lazy and dumb.

I've noticed that a lot of these copyright thieves come from Asia where their first language is not English and they are stealing videos made by "westerners" so that they have content that is targeting developed countries (to get the higher CPM no doubt). SMH.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Recently I had someone reupload 2 of my videos to his channel. How did I find them? Well apparently stealing my content wasn't enough for him - He also wanted to syphon off my traffic and piggyback off my success a bit more so he decided to spam his channel and hashtags in my comments. His messages were flagged as potential spam so I was curious and checked out his channel and found my videos.

So not only do these clowns want to steal content, they also want to steal your traffic and are so dumb that they spam "their" videos on the channel they stole the content from in the first place. Wow lazy and dumb.

I've noticed that a lot of these copyright thieves come from Asia where their first language is not English and they are stealing videos made by "westerners" so that they have content that is targeting developed countries (to get the higher CPM no doubt). SMH.
You could go one step further @Crown . When ever I catch someone steeling my videos I not only report it I also go look for any other victims (which there usually is) that the scammer has stolen from.. and notify them! That way the scammer gets multiple reports and strikes all in one go from all affected creators which hopefully hits harder or gets them removed etc.

Reactions: Crown

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But you use stock clips licenced from Pond 5. Could you explain how you are able to do that and still be monetised?[DOUBLEPOST=1548135583,1548133178][/DOUBLEPOST]It's also very confusing when you see huge channels using tonnes of reused content. Markiplier's Try Not To Laugh using tonnes of unlicensed clips, Keemstar using large quantities of other people's songs at the end of his video's with no commentary, channels with over 500k subs uploading slide shows of reddit pictures with text to speech of other people's titles. Children's videos filled with repetitive royalty free music. All these channels are fully monetised so it's no wonder people are confused.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
But you use stock clips licenced from Pond 5. Could you explain how you are able to do that and still be monetised?
I do too.

Right now, you are looking at channels which have been monetized for years already. New channel applicants doing this will not be approved for monetization if the stock is the major part of the content without added value.

YouTube is also going to review all existing partner channels going forward. So it's very likely a lot of channels which have monetization now, are going to lose it. I expect to be demonetized myself; and when I am, I am letting my channels go static and moving on to a new platform.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It is a common problem of media or text or whatever steal or mis-use everywhere in the net. Watermarking images or videos is a solution, keeping stuff in communities or private for friends and family folders seem a solution. We are millions of people and we all have something to say or show. But guess what? Nobody cares for all. it is not possible. Some make it, some fake it, some quit. :) Life is full of surprises, in every cloud there is a silver line if I got the phrase right!

Reactions: UKHypnotist