Significance of having more than one channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys :)

I know a few youtubers have more than one channel. Mostly one for serious "show" type of channel and another for a more vloggish type of show. What is the significance of having more than one channel? Does it benefit your channels at all or your chances for YouTube partnership? Or does it improve your viewership etc? Would just like to get everybodys views on this and what is best? :)

George Raymond

Now a major part of Ayre...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not at all!! All it does is give people more videos and you may get 1 or 2 more subscribers who see videos on your vlog channel and then get onto your main...

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Not at all!! All it does is give people more videos and you may get 1 or 2 more subscribers who see videos on your vlog channel and then get onto your main...
Hmm, I thought so. I mean I am keen on doing a lot more videos but maybe at a later stage ^^. Thanks :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont have more than one channel myself but I can imagine that it will work for some and not for others, for example, if you already had a fairly popular gaming channel and your viewers wanted to know more about that guy doing the commentary then a vlog channel with more personal videos could be suitable and he could have people coming from both to the other. I think some of the more established YouTubers created a secondary channel as they needed it or where there was a demand for a certain niche of videos from them and being already well established they turned out excellent.

You also have to think about your time too though, I know I would struggle finding the time for two channels and keeping them both regularly updated, once a week seems about average for most people releasing theirs and that would turn into two per week.

I dont believe it will help with partnership at all with them being separate and YouTube only looking at one of them when reviewing it for being accepted. I think it could help with your views on both channels as the people interested in you and your life might also like your comedy videos and vice versa.

Reactions: Miki von Ketelhodt

Unknownuser005

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah that totally makes sense. For now I guess I should just leave it as is and see what happens. Having loads of fun as is ^^. Anybody else got another channel or 2 or 3? :p

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Said this in another thread but hey! Forum ******* is a career lol

I have 4 channels of which only 1 has anything on it lol
Vlog channel
Gaming channel
Cover channel (music)
Music channel (original)

I have those because I don´t want to mix my content together. I have not even made my 5th channel yet which is for my sketches and "acting" episode thingamajiggs lol

I am probably over doing it fully but hey! it´s just me being me hehe

Jonathan

Reactions: Michael
Status
Not open for further replies.