Sign a Petition Against The New YouTube Layout!

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Ya
If this was 180 degree away from what people want , why is the numbers going up with each layout change? Video Views, Length of video views, more different content viewed in the same timespan...

It's the opposite of what the Power User wants, not the general public, and the general public (people who don't even have an account) make up 75% of YouTube's audience.
yes, because so many people wanted their sub boxes messed up, all the small channels don't want the spotlight, they want the bigger well known channels to be featured everywhere, with no trace of smaller channels, everyone (especially partners) wants their channel to look almost identical to everyone else's channel, with little tiny links to their social media so people have a harder time following them.
Is this really what people want? No. YouTube doesn't listen to feedback. YouTube listens to statistics, which say that this layout is most likely best for Internet users. If they actually did listen to feed back, we would continue to have backgrounds and banners identifying if someone is a partner or not. We would have sub boxes that actually work. We would have smaller channels being noticed a little bit more, since right now it doesn't seem like they exists in Youtubes eyes.

And why isn't their a difference between a YouTube partner, and a non YouTube partner. We lost our banner on top of the page (since it seems like everyone will be getting this), we already lost our video page banner, what next? You won't be able to even spot the difference between a partner or non partner.

Does this seem like something people want? Does this seem like something that will help YouTube? Taking our individualism? LOL NO. Why? YouTube doesn't care. YouTube is a business, and all they care about is the big main channels continuing to bring in views. If they can eliminate the smaller channels from being noticed, the bigger channels will get more views.

This is possibly the worst YouTube channel page layout to date.

RelicNgine

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
i just don't like how their doing away with all the customization features with the background, all we get is a banner now...

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
i just don't like how their doing away with all the customization features with the background, all we get is a banner now...
Not only that, but I think everyone get's the banner too. So no more benefit for being a YouTube partner -.- Theres pretty much nothing different about partners and non partners now.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Not only that, but I think everyone get's the banner too. So no more benefit for being a YouTube partner -.- Theres pretty much nothing different about partners and non partners now.
What's so special about being a Partner? It's certainly not a marker for quality. In fact, YouTube has been on a clear path to take down the Partner barrier for some time now. Changes like basic monetization, custom thumbnails, scheduled uploads and so on as features available to anyone.

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
What's so special about being a Partner? It's certainly not a marker for quality.
I see it as a step up from the normal YouTuber. Being partnered is an accomplishment. If your doing something good, and you get partnered with a network you should be able to show it off a bit.

Michael Whaley

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm gonna get bashed away by the hivemind, but this new layout is actually good and 2.000 people signing a petition won't change anything anyway.
Haha Don't worry, I won't bash you. I fully respect and understand you position on it.I know that YouTube/Google is going to change it if they really want to. Maybe the new layout will help channels out in the end. If that's the case, that'll be great! I think the main issue is that they seem to be getting rid of a large chunk of available creativity. Backgrounds are one of the big things that can draw someone to a channel. Getting rid of that will make a lot of folks angry. Even though a petition probably won't change anything, people might as well try if they'd like to. It only takes a few seconds to sign it anyways. In the end, the petition itself won't do much, but it may help get more support behind the idea.

Michael Whaley

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't you all realize that youtube/google's board of directors knows what is best for all of us? So sit back and adapt. :)
I wouldn't say that's the case myself. They certainly know how to run a business and website more than most of us, but I don't think they're going to worry too much about smaller channels. Not that I blame them. They are a business and a business is out to make profit. I may be wrong though!

unknown_user00005

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The last petition recieved 15k+ votes and they did nothing..

change.org/petitions/youtube-allow-this-new-channel-design-to-be-optional