Sign a Petition Against The New YouTube Layout!

Michael Whaley

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey everyone! So we've all seen the new YouTube page layout at this point, but if you haven't check out iJustine's channel.

Anyways, there is a petition against the new layout. It only needs a hundred or so more signatures apparently! Please go and check it out if you'd like to show your support in fighting against the layout!
Oh Geez, sorry everyone! I forgot it doesn't allow links to be posted, my apologies. Here's the link (You'll have to add the www beforehand) .change.org/petitions/youtube-please-stop-the-new-2013-channel-designs-youtube-ytcreators#share

Reactions: RelicNgine

Michael Whaley

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I hate to be the one to say it, but you're not going to change Google's mind even a bit.
In the end I agree. if they want to change it, they will. Might as well try to voice an opinion though. It may not help at all, but there's no harm in trying.

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
We'll try as best as we can :)

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I doubt signing a petition will get YouTube to change the layout. YouTube doesn't seem to care what others think, as long as the big main channels keep getting views.

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I doubt signing a petition will get YouTube to change the layout. YouTube doesn't seem to care what others think, as long as the big main channels keep getting views.
So, you're saying that we shouldn't try?

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
So, you're saying that we shouldn't try?
Go ahead and try all you want. But I don't think they even care. I don't even think they pay attention to the feedback they get from updates... because each time they update it's the complete opposite from what the people want. YouTube doesn't care what most people think of the layout, all they care about is if the big main channels continue to get traffic, therefor YouTube gaining more money.

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Go ahead and try all you want. But I don't think they even care. I don't even think they pay attention to the feedback they get from updates... because each time they update it's the complete opposite from what the people want. YouTube doesn't care what most people think of the layout, all they care about is if the big main channels continue to get traffic, therefor YouTube gaining more money.
Sooo.. You're saying we shouldn't try.

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I'm gonna get bashed away by the hivemind, but this new layout is actually good and 2.000 people signing a petition won't change anything anyway.

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
If this was 180 degree away from what people want , why is the numbers going up with each layout change? Video Views, Length of video views, more different content viewed in the same timespan...

It's the opposite of what the Power User wants, not the general public, and the general public (people who don't even have an account) make up 75% of YouTube's audience.

MaineJunker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Don't you all realize that youtube/google's board of directors knows what is best for all of us? So sit back and adapt. :)