Sick Day Upload?

Upload a quick update for the week?

• Total voters
Wait untill you get better and use the time to think what makes the next video a killer. The youtube AI will not mind if you take an extra few days between videos and a poor performing short video might hurt your performance ratings. Youtube is all about maximising performance if you want to grow.
If you just upload for fun and don’t care for performance I agree it will be nice for your fan base to know you’re under the weather.

I always make sure I have at least an entire month worth of videos in the queue as a buffer just incase I can't post a video for whatever reason for a certain amount of time. I post 2 videos each week so I have at least 8 videos ready to get uploaded... and I'd actually rather have a lot more than that in the queue! I cannot even imagine not having at least two weeks of videos that are completed in the queue ready to upload. I like things to be stress free as possible :)

Depends on your content - if you are vlogging then yeah put on an update video.
Doesnt really work for other content

Depends on your content - if you are vlogging then yeah put on an update video.
Doesnt really work for other content

Why woudln't it work?? I do vlogging and other content as well that is not vlogging yet have at last an entire month of videos already created ready to upload. I am not doing live TV.

I think you should not underestimate the loyalty of your viewers :D I had a crappy laptop and it was a PAIN to upload frequently, but that didn't stop my viewers to come and check my videos out after a while. Yes, make a video to show that you care about them. However, you don't owe them this. What you put out costs farrrr more effort than your audience viewing your video. Imagine that you had to put hours of work in one video. Your viewer might only take 10 minutes of his/her time to watch your video, in contrast of your hours of work. I'm not saying that you should show them cockiness, but at least know that this is reason enough for you not to owe them "every" explanation. Do it because you want them to know you care, not because they're obliged to know about your personal stuff :)

I would say as long as you aren't going to hurt yourself or worsen your conditions no matter the size of your audience throw up a quick video or go live to explain, or you could just post it on all your social media accounts and hope that your followers will see it. Another thought on this is to have some pre-recorded content in the bank for cases such as this!!

Back