Sick Day Upload?

Upload a quick update for the week?

• Total voters

Jamie Lee Bones

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey all, I've been absent on the forums and on YT for about two weeks due to some physical limitations. Last week I had a back spasm, which I'm prone to I guess due to a herniated disc. At least that's what my doctor said... eh.. sucks..

I was able to upload on last weeks schedule due to the fact that I had some "in the can" but for this week I have nothing. I haven't been able to records anything due to the fact that I can't really move. Today is an upload day for me and I'm trying to decide if I should do a quick update video? Stating something along the lines of
"Hey guys, there's no content this week due to this, this and this"

Is it necessary? I know I don't have a ton of subscribers but I don't want to lose any due to me missing a week of uploading? At the same time, putting up a video that isn't the quality I'd want to go up on my channel might deter people.

I had also scheduled to go LIVE this week which isn't something I've been able to prep for due to the above situation :(

I'm looking for suggestions,

To upload? or not to upload?
That is the question.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is it necessary? I know I don't have a ton of subscribers but I don't want to lose any due to me missing a week of uploading? At the same time, putting up a video that isn't the quality I'd want to go up on my channel might deter people.
Is it necessary? No. Does it show that you care about your channel and your audience? Absolutely. I wouldn't worry too much about have a less quality video, you can always delete it after you return to your normal scedule. I think it is very thoughtful to update your audience, who might be waiting to see a video from you. It also gives a little insight in your personal life, which is always good for building a relationship with your audience.

Reactions: Jamie Lee Bones

Jamie Lee Bones

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wouldn't worry too much about have a less quality video, you can always delete it after you return to your normal scedule. I think it is very thoughtful to update your audience, who might be waiting to see a video from you. It also gives a little insight in your personal life, which is always good for building a relationship with your audience.
That's very true.. I didn't think of it that way. I guess I just assumed people would see it's not my regular 'schtick' and get annoyed XD I always lean towards the worst possible scenario. Thanks Dutchie!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No you should wait until you feel better. hope you get well soon

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
that in anything we do we should wait until we are physically and mentally fit!!! that is my argument
That's a respectable point of view as well. You shouldn't push your health aside just to produce content. But it might be better for her mental health to shoot out a short notice video. It all depends on what makes her feel better, I guess :)