Should you upload your video to Facebook and YouTube?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Does anyone on here upload their videos to both Facebook and YouTube? Which has done the most for you? What is your strategy? Do you do a shorter version of your video on Facebook? Let me know.

It seems like on Facebook it's easier for people to get noticed and for a person to share your video. When I scroll down my feed, all I see are videos. nobody really cares about who posted the video, but almost always watches it.

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i don't personally use facebook at all for promotion, and if you use facebook you don't get the amount of exposure on youtube which can get you more subs and possibly money, but thats just me. Personally think you should just share it to facebook not post it seperately

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I mean, it won't hurt right?

I only use YouTube and Twitter for promotion but idk.

Give it a shot see how it works out.

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't actually upload videos on facebook i just promote the youtube ones. Facebook isn't my strongest game i prefer twitter but i like updating all my social medias. I wouldnt upload on facebook though, no benefit for me.

obscurimity

YTT's Tanager
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Videos on Facebook tend to do better if you use text as a main element in the video.
This could either be done by subtitling all of it, or shrinking the size of the actual video so you can put the Title in the actual video, above or below the main footage.

I'd recommend doing that, but trying to drive your Facebook traffic to YouTube.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've tried doing it, and I noticed an uptick on the playlist I've referenced on a video that I uploaded directly to Facebook, but not a significant amount. What I'd do is upload the video and then in the post itself, say, "If you liked this video, there are more here:" and post the playlist.

Since I'm using my personal Facebook account, though, it means I'm marketing to the same family and friends that I'd post the link to the YouTube video anyway, so I'm not sure how much more traction I'd get anyway.

NurseGray

The Swole Nurse
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been experimenting with this alot recently. I have found that people on facebook dont really like crossing over to YouTube and vise versa. Upload to both and gain following over all social media. It will help in the long run.

SilentRich

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just upload to YouTube to be honest. I know my twitter account shares me uploads, but that's about it really.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I upload my videos natively to Facebook (Facebook hates youtube links) and sometimes just put my Youtube link in the description. The trick is to upload it to your fan page, and then share that video to various Facebook groups. This allows people to get exposed to my Fan page, which is my prime goal. Almost every person who becomes a fan of my fan page eventually subscribes to my channel. My Fan page also promotes my Free Ebook and gets people subscribed to my mailing list. And both my Ebook and mailing list promotes my channel.