Should you take advice from smaller channels?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
The owner of this forum posts random content for no clear defined audience which I find ironic.
lol you really want to do this?

Firstly, I'm the admin here, not the business owner. Big difference.

Secondly you seem to think that because you have 15k subs, you are a huge channel and have everything figured out. You also seem to be questioning my YouTube credentials because I disagreed with you.

Like I said before, unlike you, I don't think channel size is a criteria for deciding whose advice is good or bad but since YOU seem to be calling me out, you should have a read of this thread from 2015 when my channel hit 100,000 subs and I received my silver play button. So yeah, I was on 100k subs before your channel even started. I put lots of advice based on everything I had learned up to that point in that thread.

Other than that, my role as admin isn't to coach people. My role is to run a forum and to provide a platform for discussion.

Going by the logic in your OP that you wrote, compared to me you are a "small" channel so I should probably just ignore everything you say anyway right?

Last edited:

Zadey

Reaction score
lol you really want to do this?

Firstly, I'm the admin here, not the business owner. Big difference.

Secondly you seem to think that because you have 15k subs, you are a huge channel and have everything figured out. You also seem to be questioning my YouTube credentials because I disagreed with you.

Like I said before, unlike you, I don't think channel size is a criteria for deciding whose advice is good or bad but since YOU seem to be calling me out, you should have a read of from 2015 when my channel hit 100,000 subs and I received my silver play button. So yeah, I was on 100k subs before your channel even started. I put lots of advice based on everything I had learned up to that point in that thread.

Other than that, my role as admin isn't to coach people. My role is to run a forum and to provide a platform for discussion.

Going by the logic in your OP that you wrote, compared to me you are a "small" channel so I should probably just ignore everything you say anyway right?
I didn't say I am a large youtuber. I am in fact a small youtuber, but what I'm saying is many people here don't understand the basics of growing an audience. You aren't a "youtuber" with 500 subs, it's just a hobby at that point. The point of the thread was to put into question whether people here are really achieving results by discussing things here.[DOUBLEPOST=1551966415,1551966160][/DOUBLEPOST]
And apparently you do? Then please do share the wisdom. Write a tutorial. That's what this forum is for.

And who are you to determine that the people behind the username aren't professional annalists? You are dismissing people due to the size of their channel, without taking into account their educations and/or professions.

Growth and success is determined by so many factors. You can't just state that 1K in 6 months is the margin. Again, you are apparently an expert in YT and all it's nuances, so instead of sitting on your high horse telling everyone how bad they are for not having the numbers you find so important, step down and help your community! That's what this forum is for.

And again, you are judging someone on their channel instead of the actions they display. Crown is our FORUM ADMIN. Not YT God. Have you ever been an admin of a forum? Because I have, for several years, and I can tell you that Crown (and Katy in that respect) do a damn good job in keeping this forum organised, keeping us informed about YT updates and creating a nice atmosphere. Which you aren't doing at all. Don't judge people based on their channel for completely UNRELATED things!
I will, and that's why I'm writing a new post in the strategies section. There are many different types of discussion on this forum. I was trying to put into question, whether or not people are achieving results with their channels here by discussing on the forum. Travel vlogging is way more difficult of a niche, but in today's youtube world, even 100K isn't so special. Every aspiring youtuber should be asking questions if they can't reach 1K, that's just my opinion. Not here to offend

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My bad, since I assume most people are on this site to grow their channel. I've seen the majority of people disagree with my post. The problem with this forum is many people here do not understand how internet audiences work.

Yes it's true large channels perhaps might not understand how they grew. It's true small channels can act as a consumer of content and offer their opinion. But many people are not achieving results and professional help from an analyst or successful youtuber would be alot more beneficial.

I'm not trying to be condescending, but many people have the wrong approach to youtube and this forum can create a negative effect because people start blaming algorithms. Anyone who has posted content for 6 months without 1k subs just doesn't understand the platform and its nuances. The owner of this forum posts random content for no clear defined audience which I find ironic.
I'm just about to hit the 6 months mark, so if you can tell me why I'm not at 1k subs, that would be great. And getting advice from bigger channels isn't as simple as it sounds, I'm pretty sure they just don't have the time to help or want to.

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I was trying to put into question, whether or not people are achieving results with their channels here by discussing on the forum.
I hate using the terms "big" and "small" for channels but I have no choice in this particular case. - There are some very big channels here. Some of them "huge". A creator who is on the Forbes top 10 Youtube earners (several million dollars per year) is a member here, for example. I have just recently done an interview with a 1 million sub channel who specifically credits YTtalk with helping him achieve his success. We also have several other success-story interviews here.

As I'm sure you'll find out for yourself as your own channel grows in size, creators of big channels prefer to stay under the radar. They get enough attention/spam and begging messages on Youtube itself. They come here for a break from that and to read / and sometimes discuss YouTube matters with other creators. They value their privacy and I ensure they get it. They don't exactly shout it from the rooftops that they are a member here. So I'm not going to list the "big" channels that are members here but they are here and many have posted nuggets of information in the past. I'm sure if you take the time and trouble to browse the forums past and present, you will come across them.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I swear, people that get the slightest glimpse of success are the loudest to profess their expertise in doing so. I fell in a similar trap and luckily realized quickly that there's a lot to learn. Dunning-Kruger on crack.

Either way, stop the sh*t-show. As important as the proper delivery of your content is, it's all about making good content in the first place. Trivial questions like this distract from the fact.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Wow:O_o2:[DOUBLEPOST=1552158138,1552093778][/DOUBLEPOST]@Zadey . Think best way to some this up bro is this, alot of the people here ,in my opinion, enjoy there content and want to do this stuff their way so when advice is being thrown its usually not to change a channel or to ride a way. Its more to see different ways to improve or see other ways to improve. Me I prefer not hearing advice and for the most part following my path. Yeah it sucks sometimes see my friends hit these crazy numbers but it also gives me hope, because if they can do it their way I can do it minee. The only advice actually listen too was improving my sound quality after trial and error I liked how I sounded. So yeah I listened to advice but I've also ignore way more advice because I know a lot if not all my flaws because im my own worst critic lol. My answer to your first question or at least my more thought out response would be get what you can from small channels and edit or compare that from anything you got from bigger channels.