Should you secure your account name on all platforms even if you don't plan to use them?

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am a bit paranoid that someone is going to make an account with my brand name and potentially hurt my image. What do you all think?

unevenflaps

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say so although to be honest my name is never taken anyway

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
People will make fake account names even with the name taken, they will use tricks to make it look the same and such. i say do not bother because it gives them more reason to steal money.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have thought about this too and in the beginning I was a bit paranoid like you thinking that someone might use "my" name for some kind of reason. I havnt done anything about it though and now I don´t give it much thought. YouTube is the platform I have focus on and other sites are more like "what ever":)

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
I even went as far as registering website domain names for my brand. :)

I doubt I will ever become big enough for it to matter, but who knows?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say that is a great idea. You may not use them today but in the future you may want to.
I myself didnt get a twitter handle until recently (years after channel creation) and when I tried someone had already secured the name.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I agree with MyBigBrain - If you're serious about building a brand, then I'd advise you to register the domain name as a dot com. It only costs a few dollars per year.