Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Should small channels starting out post daily?

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by JaxJocular, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Jamiemcg
    Cash:
    $25
    Like others have suggested, you don't necessarily have to upload everyday, but having a set video upload schedule may be a good idea.

If you're able to create and upload a video everyday, then that's awesome, but many people simply don't have the time or may not have enough idea or content to produce daily videos. I don't think that's a huge issue, though, as long as viewers know when they should be able to expect new videos.

This may still hold true once you have hundreds or even thousands of subscribers - there could be people who look forward to your content, so it's nice for them to know when they can expect new videos to be uploaded.

Related to this, I also think that the type of content that one produces may have some impact on how frequently they can/should upload. I personally don't upload everyday, nor do I have a set upload schedule (which I should probably have), but most of my videos are tutorials, which may have a longer "shelf life" than, say, videos about current events or what not.

Charles Haynes likes this.
  2. KYCnick
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $54
    I don't see how people that post that often give each video the promotion attention it needs.

Like when you have 10,000 subs you can post videos all the time and they'll get views, but when you have 12 aren't you just posting a ton of videos to get 3 views?

3. Mcrocks9
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $53
    I also have gaming channel (not listed here) and I just upload once a week. I have a very busy schedule and i don't have a lot time to do stuff so I just do what i can. As far as my main one I upload like twice a week.

4. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $273
    It took me 3 years to get to daily uploads. I wish I done it from the day 1.

5. CaveCat
    Cash:
    $10
    I actually started over because all I posted was minecraft videos (when they were relevent) daily and I got no where. I now post on every Tuesday. I actually went up in 2 subs when I last posted

6. Grass Daddy
    Cash:
    $25
    Quality over Quantity!

I don't care what anyone says. If you upload boring or useless content every day, you won't get the growth. So start out with one a week. When you have the hang of producing quality content, then up it to twice a week, then three, etc. But don't just go all in from the start.

If you are at the point where you can produce a quality video every day, then do it. But every new person to your channel will see whatever video and if it's bad, they won't click your videos again. If it's good, they will. So focus on the quality first.

Brandon and Charles Haynes like this.
  7. TechSpotJosh
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $17
    You want to be pumping out quality videos. Pumping out more bad videos isn't going to build your audience. If anything it will build a reputation that you aren't worth watching. When you try to share your videos on social media people will just ignore you.

Talking a lot is hard, I would stick to editing out the bad parts. Gaming channels are hard to build an audience for if you aren't established in any gaming communities. Best way to grow is to be more active within them, get yourself known for you and not your videos.

8. JaxJocular
    Eyy thanks everyone! I will definitely try out more games and take more time in my videos. Thanks all! (Very late reply but better late than never right?)

9. Brandon
    VISUAL.
    Cash:
    $119
    I personally think that if you're able to produce good, quality content as much as possible, go for it. I think as a beginning YouTuber it is important to get good content out there as often as possible, without becoming spammy. Find a schedule that works for you and stick with it. Just try not to post *too* much so you don't run out of good content ;)

10. Boris Qs
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $109

Great points. Fact Youtube loves more content but is it worth burning your channel out within months because you got tired? Hmmm, Thinking Time....Ofcourse Not!!

If you can,....Way to go....

#20 Boris Qs, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017