Should small channels starting out post daily?

Jamiemcg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Like others have suggested, you don't necessarily have to upload everyday, but having a set video upload schedule may be a good idea.

If you're able to create and upload a video everyday, then that's awesome, but many people simply don't have the time or may not have enough idea or content to produce daily videos. I don't think that's a huge issue, though, as long as viewers know when they should be able to expect new videos.

This may still hold true once you have hundreds or even thousands of subscribers - there could be people who look forward to your content, so it's nice for them to know when they can expect new videos to be uploaded.

Related to this, I also think that the type of content that one produces may have some impact on how frequently they can/should upload. I personally don't upload everyday, nor do I have a set upload schedule (which I should probably have), but most of my videos are tutorials, which may have a longer "shelf life" than, say, videos about current events or what not.

Reactions: Charles Haynes

KYCnick

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I don't see how people that post that often give each video the promotion attention it needs.

Like when you have 10,000 subs you can post videos all the time and they'll get views, but when you have 12 aren't you just posting a ton of videos to get 3 views?

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I also have gaming channel (not listed here) and I just upload once a week. I have a very busy schedule and i don't have a lot time to do stuff so I just do what i can. As far as my main one I upload like twice a week.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It took me 3 years to get to daily uploads. I wish I done it from the day 1.

CaveCat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually started over because all I posted was minecraft videos (when they were relevent) daily and I got no where. I now post on every Tuesday. I actually went up in 2 subs when I last posted

Grass Daddy

Reaction score
Quality over Quantity!

I don't care what anyone says. If you upload boring or useless content every day, you won't get the growth. So start out with one a week. When you have the hang of producing quality content, then up it to twice a week, then three, etc. But don't just go all in from the start.

If you are at the point where you can produce a quality video every day, then do it. But every new person to your channel will see whatever video and if it's bad, they won't click your videos again. If it's good, they will. So focus on the quality first.

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The reason I'm asking is I have a gaming channel, but because Im so small I feel degraded whenever nobody watches my upload. I was watching a MatPat video about pewds and he said sometimes less uploads are better then more. What do you guys think? And on a side note do you think to avoid editing and cropping out parts you just have to talk alot and be interesting?
You want to be pumping out quality videos. Pumping out more bad videos isn't going to build your audience. If anything it will build a reputation that you aren't worth watching. When you try to share your videos on social media people will just ignore you.

Talking a lot is hard, I would stick to editing out the bad parts. Gaming channels are hard to build an audience for if you aren't established in any gaming communities. Best way to grow is to be more active within them, get yourself known for you and not your videos.

JaxJocular

Reaction score
Eyy thanks everyone! I will definitely try out more games and take more time in my videos. Thanks all! (Very late reply but better late than never right?)

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I personally think that if you're able to produce good, quality content as much as possible, go for it. I think as a beginning YouTuber it is important to get good content out there as often as possible, without becoming spammy. Find a schedule that works for you and stick with it. Just try not to post *too* much so you don't run out of good content ;)

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
As far as I know, YT likes to promote new content; there was a whole big thing a couple of months back about YouTubers views going down because their older stuff wasn't being suggested as much (this is a big "I think", so maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm). For this reason, I'd say it would be better to upload daily, but only if you can keep up a good quality of content.

I've been uploading every day for almost 3 months, and making sure to SEO the balls off my videos. My results still aren't "incredible" but I'm happy with almost hitting 100 subs in 3 months. It's exhausting, particularly if you work full time (or do school etc) and there's been a lot of sacrifices on the social side of life, but I enjoy doing it!

Remember when you're starting out, you're not going to get a ton of views. You need to optimise your SEO as much as possible to stand any chance of being seen by anyone.

I always say that you should post on a schedule that works for you. Yes, growth can happen more quickly with more frequent uploads, but I've seen a LOT of channels in the two-plus years I have been on YouTube burn themselves out within months because they tried for a way too aggressive upload schedule than they can handle.

Also, as a viewer (and I started out as an avid YouTube viewer before I became a creator), I can get very bored with seeing lots of not-so-enthusiastic uploads from creators in my subscription feed. I'd rather see your best work once a week or a couple times a week than a "whatever" type of upload because you think it's going to make your channel grow quickly.
Great points. Fact Youtube loves more content but is it worth burning your channel out within months because you got tired? Hmmm, Thinking Time....Ofcourse Not!!

If you can,....Way to go....

Last edited: