Should i Untick 'Allow advertisements to be displayed alongside my videos'?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Now that 10,000 views is irrelevant and I don't have 4000 watch hours Should i Untick 'Allow advertisements to be displayed alongside my videos'? No point letting youtube display ads that might cause people to leave my video if only youtube benefit from the ads.
Or does it not show ads anyway if you are not Monetization enabled? If so why do they give me the option to tick or untick 'Allow advertisements to be displayed alongside my videos'?

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
In two days, ads will no longer display by your videos. You will lose monetization completely. for the next two days, any ads on your videos are gaining revenue for you not YouTube.[DOUBLEPOST=1518991059,1518990991][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, the "alongside videos" tick is for overlay ads or ads that appear above the "recommended" videos below your content. If you untick that, then only video ads will display.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
In two days, ads will no longer display by your videos. You will lose monetization completely. for the next two days, any ads on your videos are gaining revenue for you not YouTube.[DOUBLEPOST=1518991059,1518990991][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, the "alongside videos" tick is for overlay ads or ads that appear above the "recommended" videos below your content. If you untick that, then only video ads will display.
i think you didnt get it. i dont recieve revenue. thats why i turn it off. on or off equals no revenue so no point keeping on i think. thanks for trying

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
well i can answer my own question now. if your not a youtube partner and your videos don't qualify for monetization because you don't have 1000subs and 4000whs then you can safely untick 'Allow advertisements to be displayed alongside my videos'. it has no affect on your video exposure or seo. and you dont want adverts putting people off your content when your not even paid for it.