Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Should I start upload? or wait?

Discussion in 'Scripts, Script Writing, Video Ideas & Planning' started by Ishay Frenkel, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Ishay Frenkel
    Cash:
    $37
    Hi, my name is Ishay Frenkel and I just opened a new tech reviews channel.
    English is not my native language, but I can speak pretty good, the thing is that in order to create a video - I need a lot of "takes", it's sucking my time, when filming and when editing.
    Right now I have another channel in my native language where I upload a weekly video, and I am a school student (last year).

My question is: should I wait until I'll upload my first video and start the schedule of 1 weekly video and push myself for it or should I wait until I have like 5 videos, ready to upload, and then upload the first one and continue making more videos?

Also, in the beginning, maybe schedule is not that important?
    I would really love to hear your opinion about it, thank you!

2. Blunt Brittany
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $18
    Great question! When I first started I uploaded my first video and then filmed, edited, and uploaded another one like 4 days later. Then I learned that it is good to have a schedule so that is when I started doing weekly uploads. I do sometimes have 2 videos waiting to actually click publish on so I can keep working around my schedule. You just have to do what works best for you! I agree though that at the beginning a very consistent schedule is not super crucial but it is helpful for you and your viewers. Once you post a few videos you will see what you like best and work around that! :) I look forward to seeing your videos!

Ishay Frenkel likes this.
  3. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $272
    I have an idea for a new channel.
    My plan is to create around 30 videos.
    Upload 15 on day 1 to try catch some views then schedule 1 per day for next 15 days. Then during this tie create and add to the scedule when I can.

4. Ishay Frenkel
    Cash:
    $37
    Thank you very much for your lovely response and tips!
    I guess I'll wait until I finish studying for the half-year exams which is in about 2 weeks from now and then start a weekly upload :)

Blunt Brittany likes this.
  5. Ishay Frenkel
    Cash:
    $37
    Posting 15 in 1 day is not what I would do, maybe if you want to show people you have a lot of content, start with daily upload - it's less overwhelming, it shows your upload schedule, and it'll give time for people to know you.

6. GBeeTV
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $66
    I always loved the concept of laser-focus.

You have 100% to give in a day. If you spend it on 2 channels that means both of them are getting 50%, if you focus all your energy and effort in one channel it means it's getting 100%.

You even say so yourself, you're struggling with the second channel. Pick what you love most and stick to it until it gains traction then you can always diffuse into other channels/areas.