Should I start AdSense ?

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
You can watch your videos on your channel as often as you want as long as you are not clicking on the ads... That's at least what I remember reading on theYoutube or Adsense FAQ site.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's ok to start Adsense, but I would recommend wait for the money to grow after you reached the $100 threshold.

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Big channels with ads is understandable because people already know there is great content behind the ad. New channels (like you and me) are unproven. Everyone's time is precious, I wouldn't wait for a ad for someone I didn't know. Plus is 0.50 cents worth that much to you? Personally im waiting to hit ATLEAST 5,000 subs before ads. thats just a personal goal tho.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
not sure if anyone else mentioned it already but I heard newer channels will need at least 10K views before they're eligible for monetization. if that's the case, you don't even need to worry about enabling or not.

Tmrteckk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
IMO - I would enable ads from the start. I asked a similar question on Reddit and most people said along the lines of: "yes as there's not really a reason not to." If you later enable ads when your channel kicks off then people will think that you're a "sell out" even though you would only be doing what everyone else would.

Also now, with the new format, you need 10,000 views or more to start showing ads on your videos (as far as I am aware) so that's something else to take into consideration.

But yes, I would enable them as early as possible.
Hope that helps.

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I guess it's a tough question, but a lot of people have given interesting answers.
Tbh, I was never bothered about ads because I mainly do covers, but now that I've finally applied for Adsense, I find it to be a motivator to grow the channel :)

It's up to you what you do! As long as you're not over-zealous with loads of breaks in the middle and what not.