Should I start AdSense ?

Alexander Nedelchev

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello, friends!
I have one simple question and it is: "Should I enable AdSense monetisation on my account, since it's with 8 subscribers and only 110 views in total?"
I am thinking, I want to let you know that I don't know anything about these monetisation things, so explain answers.
Thanks in advance!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No I dont think so. Start to make great content without Annoying ads and focus on that.
Again that my opinion. You will find folks here who would say you should start right away (if you are planning to monitise anyway) so your viewers is getting used to it from the beginning.

Reactions: Alexander Nedelchev

Alexander Nedelchev

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No I dont think so. Start to make great content without Annoying ads and focus on that.
Again that my opinion. You will find folks here who would say you should start right away (if you are planning to monitise anyway) so your viewers is getting used to it from the beginning.
Yeah, I was thinking of the great content thing too untill I reach some more subs and start gaining views.
Thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1488525818,1488525757][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yea cause basically everything within YouTube is about business sh*t now
Yeah, but on that point I am .. I literally don't bring traffic to my channel, so there is nothing to be monetised, lol.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
IMO - yes enable Adsense.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
IMO - no, don't enable Adsense yet..
A lot of people are annoyed by the ads and may just click away and when you are new you dont want to chase away any potential subscribers. Besides, with only a few views per day you wont be generating any income anyway. Whenever I post a new video, I dont enabled ads on it for a few days for the same reasons even though i get a lot more views.

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hello, friends!
I have one simple question and it is: "Should I enable AdSense monetisation on my account, since it's with 8 subscribers and only 110 views in total?"
I am thinking, I want to let you know that I don't know anything about these monetisation things, so explain answers.
Thanks in advance!
If you're going to monetize your videos in the long run, just start monetizing from the get-go. People are already expecting ads when they're watching videos so if you go from a place where you didn't place ads and then suddenly placing ads, it may be interpreted as you becoming a "sellout" (a term I personally don't like but it's one that a lot of people on the YouTube platform seem to use whenever a creator starts trying to earn a higher amount of money from their content).

Since you're covering a valuable topic such as psychology, I don't see the harm in it. I monetized my gaming videos from the very start of my channel and it's never really been an issue. If you're concerned about people leaving your videos because of the ads, you can opt out of using skippable ads and go for more subtle ad formats that don't hinder from the overall viewing experience.

Reactions: Alexander Nedelchev

Alexander Nedelchev

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you're going to monetize your videos in the long run, just start monetizing from the get-go. People are already expecting ads when they're watching videos so if you go from a place where you didn't place ads and then suddenly placing ads, it may be interpreted as you becoming a "sellout" (a term I personally don't like but it's one that a lot of people on the YouTube platform seem to use whenever a creator starts trying to earn a higher amount of money from their content).

Since you're covering a valuable topic such as psychology, I don't see the harm in it. I monetized my gaming videos from the very start of my channel and it's never really been an issue. If you're concerned about people leaving your videos because of the ads, you can opt out of using skippable ads and go for more subtle ad formats that don't hinder from the overall viewing experience.
I am ready I think to do it, because you might be very right.
But, can you check that thread "How does youtube choose to pay you?" in the
YouTube Video Monetization & Partnership Forum
and if you know something about it to tell me, because that's the only thing that stops me right now.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Only if you want to make money on youtube, but people might be thrown off by seeing the ads on a small channel!

C Afandi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi I introduce a new member, I would like to ask? whether the account owner who is already monetized YouTube could watch their own videos or any regulations are not allowed to watch the video itself? I did not click on the ads, just watch the video alone. thank you