• No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

milkboy33

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello YTtalk Community Members,

I'm new to YT and have been thinking about splitting my channel up, but can not decide. I do videos with my son on travel, toys and gaming. Also on my channel are how to videos. My how to videos are doing much better, but I have more videos with my kid. I notice when someone watches one of my how to videos they get recommended to my kid videos and vice versa. Is that bad? I'm thinking this will turn people off on subscribing since it kind of targets two different audiences? If I split off my how to stuff to another channel I will lose all their stats and comments. :(

Please help...

milkboy33

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for your comment Primink and this is what I'm thinking too. Now my next issue is which videos should I split off? There's a lot less How-To videos, but if I move them I lose all there views/comments/stats. On the other hand if I move my gaming/vlogy videos, there's a lot more of them and most of my 600 subscribers I believe are subscribed to my current channel to view my videos with my kid.

Love all feedback, comments and opinions!

Thank you!

Primink

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Thanks for your comment Primink and this is what I'm thinking too. Now my next issue is which videos should I split off? There's a lot less How-To videos, but if I move them I lose all there views/comments/stats. On the other hand if I move my gaming/vlogy videos, there's a lot more of them and most of my 600 subscribers I believe are subscribed to my current channel to view my videos with my kid.

Love all feedback, comments and opinions!

Thank you!
Since how to videos generally don't drive subscribers I would move them to a new channel, I wouldn't delete the videos though just leave them up so they boost your ranking!

Reactions: milkboy33

milkboy33

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Since how to videos generally don't drive subscribers I would move them to a new channel, I wouldn't delete the videos though just leave them up so they boost your ranking!
Did you mean to make a copy of my How To videos, upload them to my new Channel and leave the original copy in my current channel?

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As said cross promoting can be an amazing idea. :D

Think of it as instead of splitting, just neatly organizing channels and their content on other channels!

So like it's just a different and easier way for subscribers to look for the content in an easy and nice way, WHILE still being able to see your channel!

Reactions: milkboy33

milkboy33

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As said cross promoting can be an amazing idea. :D

Think of it as instead of splitting, just neatly organizing channels and their content on other channels!

So like it's just a different and easier way for subscribers to look for the content in an easy and nice way, WHILE still being able to see your channel![/QUO
So would you move the How To's (fewer videos, but a lot of views and comments) or the vloggy (a lot of videos and what most of my subscribers are subscribing to) to the new channel?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I say don’t split it up. Moving videos to another channel will erase that momentum they’ve built up and you’ll start over at zero. Overall channel watchtime is the 1st or 2nd most important thing depending on how you look at it so just create different playlists and keep the topics set to specific days for upload and treat it like it’s dif channels

milkboy33

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I say don’t split it up. Moving videos to another channel will erase that momentum they’ve built up and you’ll start over at zero. Overall channel watchtime is the 1st or 2nd most important thing depending on how you look at it so just create different playlists and keep the topics set to specific days for upload and treat it like it’s dif channels
Thanks Gaijillionaire. I got the same feedback from VidIQ. They said my Channel is too small to consider splitting up and now that we're required to have 1000 subs and 4000 watch hours a year it doesn't make sense to move videos that have built up momentum just to make clearer and less annoyance for viewers on what your Channel is "about".

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Thanks Gaijillionaire. I got the same feedback from VidIQ. They said my Channel is too small to consider splitting up and now that we're required to have 1000 subs and 4000 watch hours a year it doesn't make sense to move videos that have built up momentum just to make clearer and less annoyance for viewers on what your Channel is "about".
The other thing I’ve learned is that subscribers aren’t as concerned about you as you are about them haha